SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ELECTRICIAN, LAUNCH PAD (STARSHIP) - LEVEL 4/5
- Repair & replace defective parts in electrical fixtures
- Install, maintain, & repair electrical & electronic components of machinery & equipment, including hydraulic & pneumatic devices
- Perform preventative repair & maintenance of field, plant, & shop electronic & electrical systems, devices, equipment & components
- Install enhancements & major upgrades to plant electrical subsystems
- Perform work from instructions using blueprints, wiring diagrams, & schematics
- Test electrical circuits to ensure their operability
- Install electrical components to architectural & code specifications
- Test wiring connections with test equipment like volt/ohmmeters, & oscilloscopes
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient & effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 10+ years of experience with electrical systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working at a rocket launch facility & supporting launch campaigns
- Experience with SpaceX electrical systems
- Master electrician license
- Ability to identify & implement efficient paths of action to finish the assigned work
- Ability to test, calibrate, diagnose, & repair various devices
- Ability to use a variety of electricians hand tools as well as measuring & testing instruments
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or understanding of codes, rules, regulations & standards of electrical equipment
- Ability to read & understand technical manuals & reports
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Journeyman or NCCER industrial license
- Schedule varies depending on site operational needs & flexibility required regarding frequent overtime/weekend support
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening & climbing hand over hand, lifting up to 25 lbs., & working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Ability to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, & noise
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Electrician/Level 4: $33.00/hour
Electrician/Level 5: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Your actual level & base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis & may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge & skills, education, & experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses & the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, & various other discounts & perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.