Performance Marketing Manager, Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Were reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500sused Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program weve put Flexport in front of decision makers & influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, & the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now its time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. Were seeking a Performance Marketing Manager, SEM to help our Demand Generation Marketing team lead strategic efforts in SEM (PPC & SEO) while also operating as a growth generalist across a variety of demand generation efforts. In this cross-functional role, youll learn a lot & will have the chance to try new experiments across channels. Optimization instincts, a learnings-driven approach, & an analytical mindset will be key to driving growth, engagement, & conversion.
- Collaborate with partners in Sales, Marketing, Design, & Product to manage SEM programs end-to-end.
- Direct experience with SEM campaign design & account management including account structure, keyword research, ad copy writing, bid strategies, landing page development, conversion rate optimization, & other core PPC functions.
- Own paid acquisition channels including design, launch, optimization, & budgeting, predominantly through PPC advertising
- Hands-on management of PPC campaigns & SEO programs.
- Manage external partners & agencies to augment marketing team resources to deliver SEM services.
- Proactively track, measure, & identify growth opportunities & manage an experimentation roadmap with robust A/B testing techniques for PPC
- Exceptional analytical & Excel expertise combined with strong written & communication skills
- Passion for digital media & a drive to continue to learn more & keep up-to-date with latest trends & best practices in search engine marketing.
- Gain a deep understanding of our products & services, & competitors to formulate a plan to increase organic & paid search traffic.
- Expert writing skills specific to SEO to update long form content across the site & blog
- A creative mind to build & manage a content calendar to support SEO initiatives. Work with a content marketing team to identify new subject areas for content development & maximize SEO benefit of content updates.
- Manage the technical SEO roadmap. Work directly with the Growth Engineering team & Tech teams to define technical SEO requirements & deliver continuous site improvements.
- Monitor performance metrics & search engine updates to understand SEO ranking trends & proactively adjust strategies to maximize performance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to details, deadlines, budgets & timelines
- Deeply understand users throughout the buyers journey & identify opportunities to market throughout the buyers journey
- Work with Data to develop & leverage rigorous measurement strategies to assess the impact & opportunities of acquisition campaigns
You should have:
- Minimum 5 years working in search engine marketing or performance marketing programs
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing ad spend across Google Ads & Microsoft Ads platforms.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing SEM programs from design to launch to ongoing optimization
- An in-depth knowledge of the technologies & processes involved in running PPC campaigns (particularly Google Analytics & other web analytics packages). Google Ads Search Certification required; Display & Analytics preferred
- Experience with A/B testing & comfort with regression analysis or other advanced analytics techniques
- Experience building landing pages & running A/B test experiments using platforms such as Optimizely & VWO.
- T-shaped growth marketing skill set: were looking for marketing generalists that can pinch-hit in any given domain of marketing, while drawing on the skills & insights from a singular area of deep specialization
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.