Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: software is eating the world. That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, & few industries are immune. Peek behind the code & you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader & they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software & growing their business. Research the industry & you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big & small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems & processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa & placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gores venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative & Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live & breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world & act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people & then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role
Account Manager Role Overview:
We are seeking a passionate & experienced Account Manager to drive consultative growth within your designated book of business. You will be the face of Andela to our clients & work to meet their core business needs through the strategic placement of our world-class engineers. You will serve as a consultant to our existing clients using data-driven approaches & frameworks to identify further opportunities for partnership.
With your strong understanding of organizational structures & your clients needs, you will develop practical solutions that support both our clients business growth & Andelas competencies within Engineering Services. You are passionate about technology, diversity, & working with people, & youve developed rigorous & systematic techniques for prospecting, sales, & upsell success. You have a proven track record in managing small to medium businesses & seamlessly navigating their processes.
In this job, you will:
- Own the business relationship with your accounts from contract close through their lifetime at Andela
- Manage strategic partner relationships by organizing & leading routine sessions with key stakeholders to educate them on Andela, understand their pain points, & identify areas for opportunity to collaborate
- Serve as the key account contact with senior stakeholders across small to medium sized companies
- Perform quarterly account planning to identify areas of focus & asks to hit quarterly targets
- Work cross-functionally with many Andela teams - Partner Engineering, Product, Marketing, etc - & must have strong ability to influence without authority
- Serve as a Voice of the Customer within Andela
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have 5+ years of experience in sales, account management, or client services roles
- You have experience managing relationships & selling marketplace technology or services to small or medium sized businesses
- Clients & internal stakeholders alike love working with you, & your business thrives because of it
- You have successfully executed on multiple complex projects & navigated ambiguity
- You have work experience with best-in-class technology companies and/or with distributed teams
This is a fully remote/work from home role