WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Senior Director of Product - Registry (you!) will lead a team of product managers, owning product strategy & execution for The Knot Worldwides wedding registry offering. Last year, we launched The Knot Registry Store, allowing couples to shop & register for gifts made (and fulfilled) by various manufacturers & retail partners, directly from The Knots app & website. This further extends our all-in-one registry offering, which allows couples to create a cash registry & automatically sync their registries from other retailers (e.g. Amazon, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc) to their free wedding website.
Registry is one of the most important strategic growth areas for The Knot Worldwide. As such, this is a high profile role with significant impact to our couples, their guests, our registry retail & supplier partners, & the TKWW business. You will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, keen strategic thinking, user-centric focus, robust analytical skills, & effective leadership. You value delivering impact over output, think in terms of hypotheses over feature roadmaps, & understand that our job is to find solutions that are good for both our users & our business. You will work closely alongside engineering, design, data science, business development, operations, marketing & more, reporting to the Head of Product Management.
We are open to this role being based out of our New York City, NY or Austin, TX office locations.
- You own the vision, strategy, & performance of The Knots wedding registry product, working cross functionally with the Registry leadership team to grow the overall business.
- You provide your team guidance & feedback so that they are always working on the most important problems & approaching those problems in the best ways
- You uplevel the skills & capabilities of your team members
- You collaborate well with your cross-functional partners
- You regularly seek out, analyze, & synthesize qualitative & quantitative data
- You effectively communicate to your team, senior leadership, & the broader organization
SUCCESSFUL SENIOR DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 8+ years in product development, in an agile environment
- Experience in e-commerce (platforms, marketplaces, or retail) is preferred
- You can set strategic direction at the 3-year, 1-year, & quarterly timeframes
- You can provide the leadership, guidance, & feedback that helps your team ideate & launch new products & improve existing ones.
- You always refer to quantitative & qualitative data in making product decisions & have experience with analytics & research tools + methods & comfort with analytical tools
- You have a track record of creating quality consumer experiences that solve real user needs & drive business growth
- You communicate clearly & collaborate effectively with your partners & executives
- You have keen aesthetics & empathy, & a user-centered mentality
- Youre a strong partner to your cross functional teammates across engineering, design, data, business, & marketing.
- Youre a natural prioritizer, have great instincts when it comes to what matters, & have made tough but smart trade-offs.
- You care about Outcomes over Outputs - goals matter more than the roadmap - & you think about roadmaps in terms of hypotheses not features.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.