Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
A UX Researcher has a solid foundation in User Experience Research, is comfortable using a broad range of methods, & works as a strong partner & collaborator within a cross-functional setting. They conduct exploratory & evaluative research efforts to understand small business behaviors, needs, challenges, motivations, & mental models. They take what they learn, synthesize it & then surface insights & opportunities within their working group & beyond.
For this position, we are open to mid-level & senior-level candidates.
What you'll do here:
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, & other cross-functional teammates to provide research that supports the objectives of the product & needs of the Mailchimp small business customer; align research activities to inform decision-making & action
- Represent the voice of the Mailchimp customer among cross-functional partners & stakeholders by highlighting the small business user, their needs, & behaviors
- Apply both quantitative & qualitative research methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to surveys, card sorts, tree tests, statistical analysis, in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, moderated & unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, & competitive analysis)
- Scope, plan, & execute research studies, with minimal support & guidance
- Effectively communicate findings & recommendations to product teams & stakeholders that surface recommendations & implications
- Partner with Product Analysts to synthesize large behavioral data sets to create a complete picture of the Mailchimp customer, their behaviors, & needs
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proficiency in survey design, data analysis (qualitative & quantitative), discussion guide writing, & interview moderating
- You have experience working with large scale data in mixed method research
- You have solid presentation skills & the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- You have strong written & interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong cross-team collaboration skills
- You have strong analytical problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to translate research findings into actions & recommendations, while considering company & product goals
- You have experience in an Agile software environment preferred
- You have experience with mobile products is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.