BuzzFeed News is seeking an experienced Producer with strong editorial judgement for its live Twitter morning show. Successful candidates have a proven track record of delivering compelling visual content & an ability to approach interviews in a unique fashion. The ideal Producer has a strong command of how news breaks & spreads on social media. Candidates must be detail-oriented, critical thinkers with an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Leading production on 1-2 segments daily, taking responsibility for the final product that makes it to air.
- Taking leadership of larger long-term projects outside the scope of the daily show.
- Identifying, researching & developing stories & guest interviews that lead to news-making moments.
- Writing compelling scripts & compiling highly detailed research for talent
- Fill a role in the control room during the live show.
- Working with hosts, bookers & newsroom reporters on trending content & guests.
- Collaborating with curation teams on social videos.
- 5-7 years experience in news or digital media.
- Prior experience at a Producer level
- Strong editorial judgement & breaking news experience.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Ability to multitask & handle breaking news situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & stay organized in a high-- pressure news environment.
- Live control room experience preferred.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package,
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.