Design is essential to achieving Faires vision & our team is responsible for setting & delivering best-in-class design experiences.
As a Product Designer in Customers Ops youll have the opportunity to shape the experiences of Makers, Retailers, & our client teams. You will design, align, & optimize Faires internal & external processes to support our customers journey & our employee workflows better.
Were a small but mighty team in a high-growth company. Were looking for team members that excel across the entire product development lifecycle, come with a growth mindset, & a genuine curiosity & desire to learn about the wholesale, retail, & maker industries.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Act as an advocate for exceptional experiences when partnering with product & engineering on roadmap & feature execution.
- Conduct qualitative research to inform product strategies & test hypotheses with lightweight research that you conduct directly with our customers.
- Construct user flows, wireframes, & prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation.
- Develop & deliver well-documented, high-fidelity visuals that accurately represent Faires brand & design system standards.
- Present & communicate concepts, designs, & prototypes to stakeholders with clarity.
- Contribute to & positively shape the design teams culture through collaboration, feedback, & process iteration.
- 3+ years experience building software products that's highlighted in a portfolio exhibiting an appreciation & understanding of design principles, attention to detail, mastery of tools, & a clear point of view.
- A bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline including: interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, UX, or graphic design.
- Thoughtful communication skills. You can present design decisions & processes openly, clearly, & confidently, regardless of the audience.
- A collaborative approach. You believe that product, design, & engineering decisions are inextricably linked & aim to be a great partner to other designers & stakeholders across the company. You respect & value others input & feedback.
- A growth-mindset. Youre open & receptive to feedback & can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. Youre open to changing your opinion with new information or understanding of product goals. Youre willing to work outside your comfort zone & are excited about learning & growing to take your professional skills & career to the next level.
We value candidates that bring a range of experience from different industries & a variety of creative influences. If youre a maker or retailer yourself & can bring first-hand experience & empathy for the small business & entrepreneurial journey - tell us your story!
Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect makers & boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 60,000 small business owners.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. Its a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy & fulfillment thats become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness & self-belief gets rewarded.
This mission also extends to the way we are building the company. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.