Appians information security team is growing & is seeking an Information Security Architect to design, build, & support security architecture components for securing Appians Cloud & Corporate environments. This person will work as a subject matter expert in a dynamic information security team collaborating with other departments involving modern cloud computing technologies & multiple security frameworks.
About the Job:
- Work directly with technical teams (e.g. Engineering, Cloud, IT) to conduct secure architecture reviews & to design, analyze, and/or recommend secure infrastructure & tooling
- Lead major projects/initiatives that involve large security tool deployments or engineering efforts
- Implement hands-on infrastructure-as-code & security automation tools to secure our cloud workloads, with a preference for leveraging/creating open-source tools
- Enhance our security engineering infrastructure & systems that are continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appians operations & service offerings
- Serve as a trusted advisor & expert in security engineering domains to other teams & peers with their use of cloud computing and/or modern technologies
- Serve as a mentor to other engineers on the security team
- Contribute ideas to improve the security posture & detections in our security program
- Help shape our security detection, enrichment, & threat intelligence roadmap
- Stay knowledgeable around the cutting edge of information security, threats, tools, & techniques
- 7+ years experience with security architecture & design expertise
- 7+ years experience using various security technologies
- 5+ years of software development experience with languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Go, etc
- 3+ years experience in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and/or cloud infrastructure development environments (experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus)
- Experience with modern Cloud Native technologies - Kubernetes, Docker, serverless, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, open-source security tools, & security tool development
- Experience with UNIX or its variants, such as Linux
- Expert knowledge about networking protocols & technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Familiar with common security frameworks such as the Mitre ATT&CK framework & threat hunting concepts to identify IOCs
- Effective communicator of technical designs & vision verbally, visually and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical & non-technical audiences
- Track record of working in a global high-scalable environment
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions
Appian makes building complex software simple. Weve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the worlds toughest business problems. Its exciting & challenging work with exciting & fulfilling rewards. It takes the right personis that you?
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.