PeopleDoc is on a mission to make the difficult job of HR easier. The PeopleDoc HR Service Delivery platform helps HR teams more easily answer employee requests on demand, automate employee processes, & manage compliance across multiple locations.
PeopleDoc cloud solutions include case management, process automation & employee file management. 100% software as a service, PeopleDoc solutions integrate with existing HR systems, can be implemented in 8-12 weeks, & are designed for agile ongoing use by HR teams serving diverse workforces. PeopleDoc serves more than 500 clients with employees in 165 countries in nine languages with a 100% customer retention rate. More information is available at www.people-doc.com.
* PeopleDoc HR Document Management
* PeopleDoc Employee Portal & Case Management
* PeopleDoc HR Shared Services
* PeopleDoc Employee Onboarding
Job Description/ Job Summary:
Location: Paris / Remote (France, Germany, UK, Spain, Netherlands)
We are in the process of rolling out new user interfaces across our solutions. To support this, we have built a design system & library of components.
In this role, you will work closely with product owners, designers & other front-end developers to build new components & evolve existing ones. You will also support our product teams in implementing the framework into our solutions.
This position is exciting, challenging, & includes the opportunity to have an enormous impact on our solutions.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop new UI components with a focus on HTML & CSS in response to feedback/briefs from UX/UI designers & product owners.
- Evolve, extend & refactor existing components in line with design, development & accessibility best practices
- Improve the documentation & organisation of the pattern library
- Review the code of your colleagues
- Support developers who are integrating the design system by:
- Being available to answer questions, do pair programming etc.
- Building HTML pages with the framework to act as specification for developers
- Integrating new designs directly
- Auditing built pages against our accessibility guidelines
- Mastery of HTML & CSS, including:
- Deep understanding of HTML semantics
- Knowledge of CSS methodologies (BEM, SMACSS etc.) & why they are important
- Proficiency in CSS preprocessors (we use SASS)
- Experience working with new CSS techniques (flexbox, grid, etc.)
- Experience working with complex modular UI architecture, reusable components or pattern libraries
- Understanding of accessibility best practices, standards (WCAG), & how to apply them
- Experience participating in & contributing to code review
- Be able to both take initiative & collaborate within a remote international team where English is the used language.
It would be a bonus if you also have:
- An eye for design
- Experience integrating HTML & CSS into web development frameworks. We use Django & Ember, so any experience with either framework is a big plus.
Formal educational qualifications in computer science are viewed favourably, but not essential. More important is your proven capacity to solve problems & deliver excellent design outcomes.