Shutterstock is a technology company that powers one of the worlds largest marketplaces for high-quality photos, illustrations, videos & music used by businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations of all sizes.
Shutterstock is made up of independent thinkers, technologists, & designers working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, & inspire each other. In the process, were building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images, footage, & music in a more beautiful way.
As SVP, Global Sales you will be responsible for owning the entire revenue generation process & be held accountable for building consultative relationships with clients to solve strategic issues & generate opportunities. This role will be both strategic & hands-on, managing & working with senior management in order to develop new & advance current revenue models. This position reports directly to the COO.
Shutterstock is building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images & videos in a more beautiful way. They believe that the harmonious union of design & technology can influence globalcommunication. Shutterstock is made up of independent thinkers, technologists & designers working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, & inspire one another. They have moved well beyond start-up but aspire to retain an innovative, collaborative, & visionary culture while professionalizing & continuing to grow the business.
Shutterstocks Vision, Strategy & Values:
Shutterstock is a global creative platform empowering customers with compelling content, innovative tools, & valuable services.
We believe that we will make this vision a reality by focusing on our:
- Platform: Developing technology & solutions that engage our customers & help them to achieve their goals.
- Network: Growing the universe of customers who engage on our platform.
- Talent: Attracting great people & cultivating a culture in which they reach their greatest potential.
- Empower our customers through our customer obsession & innovation.
- Work together through strong collaboration & candid communication.
- Deliver results by being accountable & focused on a sense of urgency.
- Will own the entire revenue generation process accountable for developing new revenue opportunities/models & leading key client account strategy & planning.
- Will build consultative relationships with clients to solve strategic issues & generate opportunities & engage on the projects to maximize high value customers.
- Must collaborate across the company to align & achieve financial & cultural goals.
- Lead & manage the revenue strategy, teams & all revenue-generation & execution opportunities.
- Identify & create client & data driven solution oriented sales opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing to create innovative proactive & reactive ideas & programs leveraging Shutterstocks full suite of assets.
- Develop winning strategies & partnership programs for top/key growth accounts
- Generate scalable, repeatable & predictable revenue streams.
- Manage the sales/account teams, & lead Sales strategy.
- Responsible for meeting quarterly & annual revenue account targets by owning the sales strategy from conception to execution.
- Build & maintain channel of high quality client relationships & partnerships.
- Provide accurate & timely management information, revenue forecasts, reports & analysis, & ensure clear communication to executive leadership team & stakeholders.
- Build a performance driven culture with a social, customer execution & growth focus.
- Proven experience at running successful sales organizations and/or business development teams.
- Demonstrated success in sales strategy planning & execution
- Strong collaborator that works well cross functionally, across the company, & externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ambitious & passionate about the company's growth in the marketplace.
- Ability to inspire creativity throughout the organization.
- A high-degree of analytical acumen.
- Ability to construct financial & other reporting models to assess & report performance.
- Demonstrated ability to assess the financial impact of current & proposed sales practices.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the organizations overall effectiveness.
- Enterprise & SMB experience
- Operational mindset with strong dose of curiosity to achieve outcomes.
- Proven ability to affect transformation of product & process in a competitive environment.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as getting into the weeds when necessary.
- Experience with at least one of our enterprise customer verticals (agency, corp, media, smb) with a professional network that can enable closing opportunities.
- Experience with commission plan management & execution
- Strategic, with one foot in the field: They set the vision & constantly tweak all the levers a company has, to generate revenue based on fresh data. This includes functions such as sales, marketing & customer success.
- Collaborative: They work with departmental heads of the organization & understand the role of revenue generation within all of them.
- Customer focused: They understand the difference between hunting versus farming sales cycles where hunting is focused on customer acquisition, compared to farming which looks at nurturing the customer relationship & growing revenue from within.
- Data driven: Identifying trends in customer behavior is critical to success & as such, they closely follow sales, product usage, churn, renewals & competitors leveraging this data to fine-tune their revenue generation engine.
Long-term & short-term focused: They focus on meeting todays targets, while building for tomorrows success in a predictable & scalable way.
Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform, Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; Rex Features, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitter,FacebookandInstagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V