Associate Director, Account Strategy, NY
Group Nine Media is looking for an Associate Director, Account Strategy to manage a team of Account Strategists, while also owning some individual campaign work. This AD will partner with a VP, Brand Partnerships to strategically develop new business & subsequently oversee execution from pre through post-sale for their core book of business. This person will be instrumental in the development of new processes & ensuring the team is working as efficiently as possible. The AD will be responsible for the training & guidance of their team of Account Strategists & there to step in & assist as needed. Additionally, this person will be responsible for orchestrating internal resources to ensure business expectations & contractual obligations are met, as well as acting as the client advocate for internal G9 teams. From RFP through campaign delivery & wrap, this role will be the main client point of contact for advertising initiatives, including media elements, custom branded elements, & sponsored editorial.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2+ years management experience, possess exceptional communication skills, have a thorough understanding of digital media, & be able to lead large-scale campaigns from start to finish while acting as a representative of G9. You will have a knack for working efficiently & effectively under pressure. This role requires a balance of strategy & a roll-up your sleeves 'get it done' attitude.
This position will report into the VP, Account Strategy.
- Manage a team of Account Strategists
- Partner with VP, Account Strategy to build, refine & streamline processes
- Partner with cross departmental management to foster strong working relationships
- Provide best-in-class white glove client service to advertisers through great communication & properly setting expectations
- Be the expert on all aspects of a campaign serving as the main point of contact for clients, sales & internal execution teams
- Oversee production & delivery from all teams to ensure all elements of a campaign are running smoothly
- Proactively troubleshoot internal & external campaign concerns & seek out solutions that cater to both the client & the G9s best interests
- Confidently forecast the launch of a campaign & communicate any risk to revenue to internal teams
- Present campaign performance reports including delivery, optimizations, insights, & program recommendations including mid-campaign & wrap reports
- Serve as an example & a resource to the Account Strategists
- 2+ years management experience
- Minimum 4+ years working with a like minded digital media company
- Strategic thinker & solution-oriented attitude
- Exceptional communication & writing skills
- Public speaking skills & ability to lead a room
- A background working with & leading communication with internal & external teams
- Enjoy & thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with the ability to maintain composure under pressure
- A passion for the G9 brands & desire to help grow our business
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.