Compass is seeking a Construction Project Manager within its Real Estate team to manage a regional portfolio of construction projects for its new agent offices. The successful candidate will manage a large volume of project teams across their dedicated region (both internal & external partners) to support all efforts that go into opening a new Compass office.
Detailed Job Description
As a Construction Manager at Compass, you will be responsible for managing the development & oversight of commercial interior projects from conception through construction & closeout. Your work will be critical to providing a productive & more connected workplace for Compass Agents.
- Develop Streamlined & Automated Build-Out processes for your region
- Design/construction RFPs & bid forms tailored to local market conditions
- Develop bid strategies appropriate for the schedule/budget for each project
- Curate list of preferred vendors in each region & negotiate contracts & fees for the same
- Source & manage team of external project managers
- Develop & maintain all project logs & tracking tools - flow charts, checklists & templates
- Schedule Management
- Provide oversight & document construction progress to ensure major milestones are met
- Collaborate with internal team members to validate construction duration & develop overall project schedule
- Assist with Due Diligence activities for new projects to understand potential base building issues, unique conditions, & overall project risk
- Cost Management
- During Due Diligence, develop overall project budget with the Real Estate Manager & external project managers.
- Manages value engineering & strategic bidding to ensure alignment with project budget (e.g. bidding alternates, using design-build strategies, direct procurement, etc).
- Manage overall project budget through closeout, including periodic forecasting & assessment against approved budgets
- Quality Management
- Ensure general contractors & Compass vendors adhere to plans & specifications
- Ensure delivery of high-quality finished product to maintain Compass brand standards
- Manage punchlist & project closeout processes
- Proactively communicate risks & opportunities regarding constructability, cost, quality, & schedule concerns to internal team members
- Build & maintain relationships with internal team members & external resources
- Provide constructability feedback during Due Diligence phase & through life of project to identify potential issues around unique building conditions
- Work experience in USA
- At least 4-5 years construction experience working on retail, hospitality, or similar projects
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelors degree in engineering, architecture, construction management (or relevant/equivalent experience)
- Experience with construction management/project management software
- Ability to collaborate with drawing production teams to evaluate, identify & solve constructability issues
- Effective in a fast paced environment
- Analytical in approach when evaluating construction progress or obstacles & provide solutions to stay on schedule & minimize cost impacts
- Desire & ability to manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Required communication skills:
- Excellent written & verbal skills with prompt follow-up
- Ability to build & maintain relationships
- Ability to communicate project status concisely
- Required decision making skills
- Confident with making major decisions
- Experience in on-site risk-assessment
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.