At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Do you want to shape the future of transportation? Are you looking for a culture that supports your personal development? Are you looking to have fun while you hustle? Then come be Regulatory Compliance Counsel at Lyft!
We're looking for an attorney to join our Regulatory Compliance team, which is responsible for negotiating, communicating, & ultimately fulfilling Lyfts regulatory requirements. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the company to advise on & implement our compliance objectives. We are seeking a lawyer with experience working at or with the New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission & other City agencies. This role will be seated in our New York office & will report to the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Engage in the rulemaking process directly with regulators to advocate for appropriate regulations as to Lyfts ridesharing & bike & scooter businesses
- Track & document Lyfts regulatory compliance obligations in highly regulated, complex markets -- with a particular focus on New York City
- Research & advise on regulatory compliance issues that impact Lyfts Operations, Marketing, Finance & Product teams
- Communicate regulatory compliance requirements & offer guidance to other teams including Communications, Product, Government Relations, Customer Support, & Legal
- Work collaboratively with regulators to determine relevant requirements, negotiate & advocate for favorable interpretations & adoption of administrative rules that benefit drivers
- Gather & synthesize data relating to our compliance requirements.
- JD Degree from a top school
- Admitted to the New York Bar & in good standing or eligible to register as In-House Counsel
- 5+ years of experience working as an attorney for or with the New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission
- Experience with city or government conflicts of interest boards or committees
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, & experience making presentations before public agencies
- Ability to think both tactically & strategically
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly & manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Passion for Lyft & the ride-sharing community
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.