At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a highly strategic operator to report to the Regional Director of Northern California who will drive data-driven initiatives focused on optimizing our rentals Fleet operations & processes. You will be a crucial conduit between Lyft headquarters & the local teams that serve renters & manage vehicles on the ground, ensuring effective two-way communication & alignment on top priorities.
You will also be responsible for influencing & achieving the most optimal allocation of fleet across locations regionally to drive revenue. Your ability to connect the dots between on the ground field operations & HQ strategic initiatives will ensure flawless execution of national strategic projects in your local market.
Finally, as a key leader in a highly operational business, your team will look to you to create an inspired, efficient & motivational culture to help hit our targets in the most Lyft-y way possible!
- Develop a detailed understanding of Lyft's Fleet across NorCal, & identify key market-level questions, problems, & continuous improvement opportunities to drive profitability & operational efficiencies
- Lead the regional on-the-ground operations to sustainably maximize fleet availability, performance, & utilization to enable growth
- Influence cross-functionally by building business cases to support recommendations & prioritize these opportunities for higher efficiency
- Proactively gather & analyze data through quantitative & qualitative mechanisms to help improve regional & central decisions on critical strategic issues
- Manage the relationship between the FlexDrive & Consumer Rentals headquarters team & local teams to effectively advocate for local needs & regional considerations
- Drive strategic, fleet-wide initiatives to improve customer satisfaction, fleet health & fleet management costs
- Integrate the Consumer Rentals & FlexDrive Rentals processes to maximize staffing efficiencies across sites & lines of business
- Prioritize team resources based on financial impact, operational capacity, & customer needs
- 5+ years professional experience, with team management experience
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel (SQL is a plus), & has experience building forecast models & analyzing complex data sets to make impact high-impact business decisions
- Diverse work experience, preferably a combination of management consulting & business operations; high-growth or start-up experience a plus
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Ability to manage multiple large cross-functional projects at once & adapt to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to influence & collaborate up, down, & across the organization, as well as with external stakeholders
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to stakeholders at all levels of the organization & speaking the language of many different business functions
- Embodies the growth mindset to deal with the ambiguity & rapid change of a startup
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to see the big picture & identify/forecast developing issues.
- Experience managing hard assets (fleet, retail, warehouse, etc.) or relevant complex asset/inventory business is a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.