ABOUT THE COMPANY
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. Our products & services help our members understand the world, feel connected to a like-minded community & make smarter decisions about the things that matter to them. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcasts "Skimm'd from The Couch" & Skimm This both reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching & our No Excuses campaign inspired more than than 200,000 people to vote in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we remain committed to helping our members tackle the big decisions in their lives, by giving them the information & services they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a team. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for a Product Marketing lead to join our marketing team & help us build & launch the next generation of our membership products. These products will be the foundation of our long-term success, & you will play a critical role in their launch & growth. You will be the player-coach who works cross-functionally to bring new free & paid products to life & ensure they are adopted by our members. This role is equal parts strategic, creative, & performance driven. Youll be responsible for defining the value propositions, building go-to-market strategies, developing loyalty & retention programs, & managing the overall success of the products in your portfolio.
You will be joining theSkimms marketing team - which sits at the intersection of our product, our brand, & our customers. We are a diverse group of fast-moving, hard working, data driven, creative thinkers who thrive on launching & growing products our members will love.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop value proposition, product positioning, & core messaging for our products, both free & paid
- Develop & execute end to end customer lifecycle marketing strategies (from top of the funnel acquisition initiatives, to conversion optimization tactics, to customer retention & loyalty programs)
- Own key growth & engagement metrics for your products
- Work with the brand team to ensure all customer touchpoints reinforce our brand promise & the value of a Skimm membership
- Partner with our product, insights, technology & design teams to drive product innovative, strategy, & roadmaps
- Work the design team to develop content & assets (branding, social, email, ad copy, & web) for cross-platform marketing campaigns
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform our marketing strategy
- Own the end to end marketing & communication strategy for products within our ecosystem across all marketing channels (paid, social & O&O digital properties)
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 4+ years of digital product marketing experience, including experience launching new products and/or leading marketing efforts across the full customer lifecycle
- Strong, written & oral communication skills with the ability to break down complex digital products & explain them simply
- Strong project management skills & the ability to work cross functionally to develop & execute marketing campaigns
- Metrics driven, with extensive experience testing marketing tactics & messaging
- Experience working directly with product, engineering teams, UX & graphic designers
- Strong desire to understand consumer needs & motivations, coupled with radical customer empathy
- Familiarity with email platforms, personalization engines, CRMs, etc. & an understanding of HTML & CSS
- Experience working with subscription businesses & mobile apps is a plus
- Strong ability to execute & get sh*t done
- Passion for theSkimms brand, mission, & long term vision
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Free One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning & fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY