About the company
Boxed is the easiest & modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxeds app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, & pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at the core, we are a vibrant, fun, & close group of engineers, designers, marketers, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
As the VP of Data Science, youll play a critical role in building a data-driven culture & driving strategic initiatives. Youll leverage a rich data-set built on a mature data pipeline that has captured millions of events a day over millions of users since the founding of the company in 2013.
You'll lead a nimble team that uses machine learning, predictive analytics, & engineering to partner with the product, marketing, & operations to drive growth & further efficiencies. You'll be expected to creatively spearhead projects, possess the communication skills to collaborate with other teams, as well as the technical skills to deliver sophisticated projects from concept to production.
- Ensure data best practices & play a critical role in building a data-driven culture throughout the entire organization
- Be a technical leader & mentor for the data science team, helping institute best engineering practices (coding standards, automated testing, CI/CD, scalability)
- Work with the leadership team in establishing a long-term vision for the company while building out a roadmap of data science development & applications
- Conceive, develop, implement, & continually improve machine learning projects
- Use your creativity & intuition to help find & solve the fun, challenging problems we work on every day.
- Influence the development of additional capabilities to deliver business outcomes through the use of automated algorithms on the platform
- Communicate with stakeholders, business owners & engineers on business impact, technology requirements, & results
- Work in a stack built primarily around Python & AWS.
- Work in our Manhattan Soho office most days of the week to help foster a collaborative environment as the team grows.
- 5+ years in data science/machine learning experience
- 2+ years of managing a team of data scientists
- Development experience with the scientific Python stack (Pandas, Numpy/Scipy, scikit-learn, etc)
- Ability to combine traditional techniques & cutting-edge research to build innovative data-driven products.
- Experience in model deployment & scaling as well as deep learning networks
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field. PhD preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits