As Vias lead B2B marketing writer, a Content Marketing Principal will create original, engaging, & data-driven content for our global organization. Your words & ideas will live across all channels including advertising, email, bylines, blog posts, whitepapers, sales collateral, & in places we havent even thought of yet. In collaboration with your marketing colleagues & various internal teams, the campaigns you bring to market will have a direct hand in building the brand, acquiring, & engaging new & existing partners, & telling the product story - while using thoughtful, clear, & sometimes unexpected insights. Youll define the editorial calendar, work with our data scientists & designers to build visual content, & bring to life the Via partnerships voice in your own unique way.
What Youll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional & cross-regional teams to write impactful, data-driven content that is specific & nuanced for a highly-diversified audience.
- Edit, & edit again, drafts from colleagues, improving each version while helping others find their voice & refine their own style while staying on-brand. Spot typos & grammar problems a mile away, while also editing for storytelling, clarity, & voice.
- Be curious: digging into the data & the policy, we want you to uncover insights, look at topics in a different way than whats obvious, & then go write about it.
- Get creative: not all great ideas manifest themselves as a 800 word byline. Partnering with illustrators & web designers, invent new ways to bring your stories to life through graphics, videos, presentations, engaging web pages, interactive maps, & more.
- Identify & pursue opportunities for scaling our content, including transcreating for various languages & regions.
- Project manage a robust & ever-shifting editorial calendar, including deadlines across a team of collaborators.
- Mentor & guide junior team members to become great.
Who You Are:
- A seasoned storyteller: you bring at least 5 years B2B copywriting or content marketing experience. Youve got a portfolio full of clips that demonstrate your command of language.
- A proud data geek: numbers excite you, & youre comfortable diving head first into complex reports & Tableau dashboards. Your analytical expertise allows you to turn data into insights & insights into stories.
- A humble hard worker: sometimes youll be writing a revolutionary article backed by the coolest custom graphics & animations sometimes youll be writing marketing emails & slides. No job is too big or too little.
- An adept manager: you enjoy working with & mentoring others. Youre good at giving feedback about your teams written work as well as coaching them to present & lead.
- A WFH champ: you are self-motivated & comfortable working from your couch (for now), & dont mind collaborating with colleagues mostly over Zoom & Slack until we can, one day, work side by side again.
- A nice person: youre adaptable, good-natured, & not easily rattled. Youve got a solution-oriented mindset under pressure.
- Fierce manager of time: you know the difference between the project that should take a week & the one that should take a day. And you dont sacrifice quality along the way.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Transit evangelist: if you love transportation systems, urban planning, infrastructure, or policy, we certainly want to hear from you.
- Technical fluency: the willingness & ability to dive into CMS & marketing automation systems like WordPress, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or Pardot is a big plus. If not, dont worry well teach you anyway.
- Management or mentorship experience: if youve led a team of any size, or helped guide others in their careers in another way, lets talk.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Were proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution & modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems & sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.