FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products that deliver sports betting, gaming & entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. Thats no easy task, & wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products & innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether youre looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging we believe weve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Were looking for a UX Research to join our UX & Design team in Scotland working on our Account & Wallet product building upon the existing experiences that our customers love, maintaining our best-in-class status.
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Youll be part of the team working to build all-important trust with customers in the most important areas: sharing their details & managing their money. In this role, youll be working with product designers & UX writers to solve complex problems & deliver delightful & simple user experiences.
Youll use qualitative & quantitative research techniques to understand our users, champion them by being their voice within the company working with teams across the organisation to share insights & enable us to create engaging user experiences. Youll work on the important here-and-now projects being delivered, as well as some exciting future thinking projects.
Youll work on projects with a lot of self-direction, or lead smaller projects. Youll take on these projects with guidance & help, & be responsible for the research outcomes. The UX & Design team collaborate with product managers, engineers, commercial stakeholders & more to deliver great experiences so youll be an integrated part of the end to end product development process, influencing for the customer at all stages.
Youll identify constraints with the projects, & work to overcome them. Youll seek out feedback from the team, your manager, & stakeholders to inform research direction. Youll contribute to project & team meetings, & youll showcase & discuss your work often.
The UX & Design team collaborate with product managers, engineers, commercial stakeholders & more to deliver great experiences so you'll be an important facilitator, engaging cross-functional teams, exploring new practices & contributing to defining team practices.
- As part of the UX Research team youll help promote UX & Design at FanDuel externally & participate in the hiring & onboarding new team members.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- You will have deep knowledge UX research methods & techniques & have experience deploying the right process for the right occasion.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement across a product, & make recommendations for potential directions towards a solution.
- Experience working with related disciplines, where necessary, to add more data to the research e.g. quantitative product data analysis or marketing insights.
- You make research digestible for all types of stakeholders & can clearly communicate the value of research at various stages in the product development life cycle.
- You have the ability to moderate research sessions effectively.
- A keen storyteller who can influence & communicate effectively within wider teams of varying stakeholders.
What to include in your application
- At least one case study of a real world project. We want to see how you tackle a digital product/UX research problem & turn insights into actions. If you have a portfolio with multiple case studies is better. Demonstrate your qualitative research skills, product thinking, process, & communication skills. If you cant share a case study with us, please let us know & we'll work something out.
- Any online profiles like Dribbble, Behance, Codepen, or others that you think we should see.
What youll get
Beyond working with such a great team? Were serious about career development at FanDuel. Your manager will help you set development goals & use our designer-specific career framework to grow over time, whether you see your future as an individual contributor or a people manager. All our managers have a focus on continuous development & a drive to help you reach your potential, with in-house training & a development budget.
- Inclusive & collaborative colleagues who value & respect each other.
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions in an environment where its safe to get it wrong every once in a while.
- Hall of fame benefits including programs that allow you to share in our success.
- Flexible working & holidays to let you refuel as & when it suits you.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.