Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Licensing & Credentialing Analyst to join our Member Programs team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As our licensing & credentialing analyst youll be owning our virtual provider licensing & credentialing process, both for our Virtual Urgent Care business as well as our Virtual Primary Care business.
Youll be building an efficient licensing process to accommodate licensing across Oscar states, coordinating the licensing process between providers, medical boards & government agencies, & collecting provider credentialing & licensing materials. When our physicians have licensing or credentialing issues, you are on top of communication & ensure their issues are resolved in a timely manner. Youll be proactive in getting requirements to clinicians, taking all of the guesswork out of their applications. Youll also be incredibly organized -- everyone across the Ops & Clinical org in OMG will know where licenses stand at any given time.
You will also have a hand in our on-boarding & payroll processes, managing our provider rosters & maintaining reimbursements.
- Coordinating with providers to complete licensing applications
- Tactically managing coordination with medical boards to ensure the licensing process continues to proceed smoothly
- Managing provider documentation & organizing materials to effectively cross license providers in Oscar states
- Working closely with the on-boarding team to ensure provider information is updated & accurate for credentialing & data purposes
- Keeping our licenses & statuses organized!
- Impeccable attention to detail. You are able to catch idiosyncrasies in data or workflows quickly. You document processes in a concise but thorough manner.
- Independence & scrappy attitude. Youre a problem solver with a positive & get the job done mentality. You are able to run with a task or problem without heavy hand holding.
- Organizational & prioritization skills. You know what to prioritize & when. You naturally project manage & never let balls drop. You love organizing in excel & understand how it works.
- Collaborative. You love working with lots of different kinds of people & are a relationship builder at heart. You are not afraid to receive feedback & provide constructive feedback with those who work with you.
- Strong at synthesizing information. You can distill easy-to-understand takeaways & next steps. Youre able to diagnose problems, see patterns, & come up with targeted solutions.
- 1-2+ years of experience doing licensing, credentialing or WFM.
- Experience in healthcare in a clinical setting is a plus.
- Experience with remote workforce management.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.