TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process. Were fundamentally changing how clinical trials are run, rethinking the trial process both from a technology & operational perspective. To achieve this, were bringing together talent from top technology, CRO, & biopharma companies to work side by side.
As Director, Vendor Management, you will be responsible for leading TrialSparks vendor management strategy, as well as ensuring our strategic vendor relationships are performing efficiently & effectively. As a founding member of the team, you will play a core role in developing our vendor selection & oversight processes, as well as building out the vendor management team as our business scales. This is a critical & high visibility role within TrialSpark, & represents a unique opportunity to reimagine what vendor management looks like at a modern, technology-forward clinical trials company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Using industry knowledge, experience, & first-principles thinking to drive TrialSparks vendor management strategy.
- Defining our vendor evaluation processes, including vendor identification, risk assessment, RFI & RFP processes, & vendor selection.
- Partnering closely with our QA team on vendor qualification processes, as well our Finance, & Legal teams on contracting & budget negotiations.
- Establishing our vendor oversight program, including vendor scorecards & performance review meetings, among other strategies.
- Leading vendor strategy across our portfolio of studies, ensuring our vendor partners deliver against time, quality & budget targets.
- Represent vendor management capabilities to study sponsors, including participating in bid defenses.
- Lend industry expertise across TrialSpark, helping us plot our route toward making clinical trials faster, more efficient, & higher quality.
Skills, abilities, & knowledge:
- A demonstrated ability to lead vendor management strategy.
- Deep experience developing efficient & scalable vendor management programs & processes.
- A track record of building & leading high performing vendor management teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical trial vendor landscape.
- Thorough knowledge & understanding of clinical research concepts, practices, & regulations.
- Critical thinker with ability to step back & rethink legacy assumptions in the clinical research space; should be able to point to whats wrong, & how you would do it differently if starting from scratch.
- Excellent cross-functional partnership skills; you know how to work across an organization to achieve objectives & meet timelines.
- Solid written & oral communication skills; can synthesize complex concepts & deliver messages clearly.
Education & Experience
- 8+ years of clinical trial operations experience at a sponsor or CRO
- 4+ years leading vendor management teams, with demonstrated growth within the function
- BS required, preferably in life sciences or a related field
- Preferably located in the greater New York metro area or willing to relocate. If remote, must be willing to travel to the NYC office 3+ days per week.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.