Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa isthe best wayto pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & thecommon purposethat unites the entire Visa team.As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers anuncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants withcriminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 ofthe San Francisco Police Code.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa's corporate culture. It is important to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments. At Visa, we believe that it is the responsibility of each & every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, & ensure regulatory compliance. Cyber Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, & it is a priority on everyone's agenda.
In this critical leadership role, you will take a lead role in the continued innovation of Visa's Cyber Security strategy & drive Visa's competitive advantage in payments by facilitating a best in class preventive security. You will perform the role of a strategic thinker & have the operational gravitas to run one of the best teams in the industry. In this role, you will also work with Visa's executive committee members.
The Senior leader of Cybersecurity engineering, leading Product Security Engineering & Operations reporting directly to the Head of Security Architecture is responsible for ensuring all preventive measures & coding defense are in place to maintain a strong product security Posture. The scope of the role includes establishing & maintaining Visa's overall Application security hardening tools & processes, defensive coding practices, Product security incident response team, & applications hardening program. The mission of the role is to ensure that the company's technology systems & data are adequately protected by shifting left early in the SSDLC. This is a hands-on leadership position that inspires & leads a world-class cybersecurity team that are responsible for secure coding practices, Shift Left strategy, code scanning (Static/Dynamic), SecDevOps automation, Open source security hardening, reporting & enforcing cybersecurity design requirements across the stack in a manner that meets Visa's internal cybersecurity standard, regulatory & other compliance requirements. As a senior leader in the Cybersecurity organization, the Senior Director will work proactively with the various cybersecurity partners, business units, & product development organizations to identify & drive application security remediation in order to keep Visa's assets protected & secure.
- Take end-to-end ownership of Product Security Engineering areas including pessimistic design requirements, secure coding practices, developer training, CI/CD automation, Static & Dynamic analysis (SAST/DAST), & automation tools engineering.
- Deliver Software Security Incident response functions across all Visa Products working with Global Incident response team.
- Drive root cause analysis & remediation of software security vulnerabilities including open source vulnerability management.
- Provide management oversight & serve as the leadership point of contact for the software security, Application security testing, monitoring & security findings management team
- Provide continuous input to leaders within CISO & Product teams under technology
- Provide leadership in emerging technologies areas to help reduce the attack surface with specific focus on secure by default.
- Influence new deployment models including containers, cloud platforms (IaaS/PaaS) with security built into the platform.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams for hardening applications, APIs & micro services with security built into the services.
- Support other cybersecurity partners including WAF management, Risk & 3rd party risk teams
- Continual improvement to processes to adapt to agile processes to embed security into the product development (Shift Left)
- Drive identification of software security findings throughout the lifecycle & reduction of risk working with partners
- Lead key initiatives that improves the overall security posture within Visa
- Provide an open, visible program with knowledge sharing to downstream partners
- Mentor, coach & train security staff
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of experience in running a cybersecurity or related function in application & vulnerability management domains
- Experience in managing large software security teams with a global presence
- Hands on leadership experience in SSDLC, Security automation & overall application security hardening domains
- Experience in applying OWASP Top 10 & other industry standard software hardening practices
- Experience in developing & implementing cybersecurity methodologies for code deployed in Data Centers & Public clouds
- Experience in managing regulatory & internal audits
- Strong collaboration with technical owners providing guidance, remediation support & oversight to maintain a strong security posture
- Technically strong in understanding & solving complex cybersecurity challenges, having a track record of leading the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives
- Extraordinary written & communication skills having worked with executive management
- Attested ability to establish & sustain effective, professional relationships with product & business managers; work closely with business partners to understand business drivers & market requirements; & provide leadership to the technology group in order to create the right solutions for the market in the required time frames.
- Experience with a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, & technologies
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.