Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving & investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers & building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, & enjoy life.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing Product organization. As a Senior Product Designer on our Growth Squad, you will be a part of the entire product design lifecycle, from proposing initial concepts to shipping features at high quality. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will play a key role in delivering on the company mission & will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design, including research, testing, interaction design & visual design.
If you are passionate about design & building revolutionary products - this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What you'll do:
- Design simple & intuitive product experiences
- Evaluate data from multiple sources, synthesize it, & develop design strategies according to best UX practices
- Help define the short & long-term roadmap for your product area
- Be open to giving & receiving design feedback
- Work with the engineering team to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Identify the needs of Stashers & improve on existing features
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years in a product design role at a B2C software company or an agency
- Strong background in mobile design, interaction design & design-centric product development
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Experience managing or mentoring a design team
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability, & discoverability
- Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for typography, layout, & color
- Ability to prototype designs & run user testing sessions
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Excellent communication & presentation skillsyoull be expected to be able to clearly communicate design decisions & keep track of all projects & documentation
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Portfolio featuring examples of design work
We believe that diversity & inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, & building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow & retain & we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits andFlexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens & catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services & Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.