HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, & security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large & small to mix & match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, & other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
The Global Account Manager (GAM) is an account executive role responsible for managing a strategic pursuit team including customer-facing engineers, architects & HashiCorp executives. This team will identify, manage & close business with the largest companies in the world by driving value back to our customers & ensuring they are able to successfully adopt & scale our tools & meet their desired outcomes. The GAM will help these customers understand & deliver on the Cloud Operating Model & embed the right resources so these customers can execute on their digital transformation goals.
Global Accounts are the customers with the highest propensity to spend on technology investments. They have a major presence in multiple global centers & require a globally distributed team to build the right engagement model. The GAM is responsible for executive alignment & communication as well as creating & driving complex sales cycles within these customers.
The Global Account Manager will be solely responsible for the financial goals aligned to their customers & outcomes agreed to with these customers. They will align all internal & external resources to ensure the customer(s) meets their goals. They will work with the proper Global Systems Integrators (GSIs) that are already working with their customers to expand the customers awareness of HashiCorps value. They will align with the customer(s) strategic CSPs (Amazon, Microsoft, Google) & ISVs to ensure we are supporting their strategic goals & priorities. The GAM will build a repeatable process to communicate the customers goals & timelines to all necessary parties so HashiCorp & our partners can be aligned to the success of these largest customers.
In this role you can expect to
- Proactively & efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, & executive staff around sales opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Identify strategic prospects in existing accounts with new use cases & new lines of business (LOBs)
- Manage complex Global sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, & Security Operations
- Align the overall HashiCorp solution to the customers business needs, challenges, & technical requirements
- Execute solution & value selling to existing customer base & new prospects within LOBs in the customers.
- Articulate & evangelize the vision & positioning of both the company & products, & secure strategic commercial commitments
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue & new executive buyers for your Customer(s)
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Heavy experience with the largest financial services accounts in the world
- Effectively communicate with management, legal & deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents & correct process, & follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams & company management
- Regular Air Travel is required
- Ideal candidates would be located on the East coast of the US
- Will require 50% + travel (in normal times)
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Significant strategic sales & strategic customer development experience focused on customers in the top 10% of the G2K.
- Track record of closing complex transactions in the largest companies in the world.
- Experience in Open Source software business models is preferred & proficiency in Cloud & Infrastructure software is a minimum requirement
- Creation & execution of multi-year business plans that orchestrates across lines of business & shares services executive teams.
- Good executive presence, communication skills, & credibility
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual goals & targets & consistently ranked top 1-2 in their organization.
- History of accurate forecasting & business reporting
- Significant experience selling disruptive technology into focused markets
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-BS1