Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
We are looking for a passionate frontend engineer to help us define core UI platform pieces for a new product offering at Twilio in the customer engagement space. The person in this role will be critical in shaping Twilios frontend & SDK strategy, which will empower our customers to create highly personalized communications & experiences for their contacts. Come be part of a team that's building a set of ML-driven APIs that deliver intelligent audience & personalization recommendations.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Frontend Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of building delightful UI & API products at scale.
- Personal Traits: Humble, Curious & a team player
- Professional Traits: customer-obsessed, gets things done, highly collaborative, excellent communicator, & very comfortable with rapid change & uncertainty
- Your Experience:
- 3+ years experience in building UI products using frameworks like React or Vue
- 8+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, & accessibility
- 8+ years experience with browser APIs & optimizing front end performance
- Strong experience & expertise to build API products - experience with GraphQL (Apollo), REST & NoSQL databases would be a great plus - understanding of GRPC/Protobuf will come in handy
- Passionate about open source & deep understanding of the frontend engineering ecosystem (you knew about React hooks before anyone else because you follow @dan_abramov :) - we would love to look at your github too
- Strong understanding & expertise on UX - you should be able to relate to a UX patterns & how best to build them
- Experience of working in an agile team environment
- Experience & passion for test driven development & continuous integration
- Good understanding of web performance & NFRs
- How you think:
- Independent - asks questions when something doesnt make sense, & takes ownership of initiatives in an organized fashion
- Organized - able to meet tight deadlines & maintain high-quality work
- Communicative - able to communicate clearly & concisely, orally & in writing
- Growth-minded - eager & open to learn & evolve quickly
- Self-structured - strong ability to work independently & efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, & execute reliably
- Your responsibilities
- Design UI components & libraries based on Twilios UX language
- Code, test & maintain high quality UI components & libraries
- Design & develop high performance, low latency, highly available, globally distributed APIs
- Develop, deploy, monitor, & operate systems in a continuous DevOps model
- Develop proofs of concept, shared libraries, & services that will be used across the R&D organization
- Research & choose technologies, design system architectures & data models in a scalable & efficient way
- Proactively consider code quality & developer velocity
- Coach & mentor team members
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Evaluate strategic markets & provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify & qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal & external sources & drive end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, & integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio & have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, & negotiating agreement terms.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the worlds communications. Increasingly, were hearing from our B2C customers that theyre struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique & tailored experiences that their competitors cant replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative & team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement & Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands, & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.