Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You'll be a member of the international & skilled Document Pipeline team that develops our core platform functionality: facilitating the exchange of documents that are large in number, large in size, & large in their impact. We employ an event-sourced architecture to buildglobal, polyglot, distributed systems & reactive user interfaces. Your efforts will make a direct impact on the experience of our customers as well as internal & 3rd-party developers.We expect you to be passionate about developing great technology at scale.
You also have:
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure).
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, & take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You have experience designing & maintaining long-lived REST APIs
- You are interested in problems around concurrency, scalability, & distributed systems, & have tried out or are using frameworks like Akka, RxJava, & Vert.X.
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- Appreciate hacking when needed
- Fluent in English speaking, reading & writing
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan & at home internet
- A competitive compensation package & equity
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events likehackathons, family holiday parties, & many more.