When we started in 2012, we set out to reinvent men's basics with underwear & socks as our starting point. Today, we are a full-fledged menswear brand that powers radically-efficient wardrobing. Rooted in smart design & performance fabrics, our products are engineered to work together through our pioneering Daily Wear System.
As we continue to expand our product offering & distribution beyond e-commerce, we are looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join our rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you keep reading.
Mack Weldon is looking for a VP of Corporate Strategy & Partnerships to join our growing team. This role will serve as a key resource for the CEO & SVP of Finance & Operations to help drive our most important business initiatives. Our ideal candidate is comfortable playing a broad strategic role but also going deep & owning a solo or cross-functional project end to end. The primary focus areas include:
1.) Partnerships & Business Development - Driving the strategy & executing the deals
2.) Corporate Strategy - Board prep, investor relations, strategic project ownership (rationale, analysis, execution).
You are comfortable jumping into situations of the highest priority & figuring out how to get things done. In addition to being hands-on, you thrive on forging cross-functional partnerships & working collaboratively. You are an expert at making connections, developing relationships, & defining the benefits to Mack Weldon - as well as prospective partners, investors, & internal stakeholders. This is a high profile role where you will serve as the business lead reporting into the SVP Finance & Operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Partnerships & Brand Development
- Define & evolve partnership strategy to maximize brand awareness & business impact.
- Create business & revenue driving initiatives for the brand.
- Develop pipeline & relationships with prospects to ensure successful outcomes.
- Drive projects with key teams including Marketing, Product, Sales, Retail, & Finance to bring partnerships to life.
- Execute brand resonant sponsorship opportunities that drive outsize awareness through affiliation with top tier partners.
- Lead communication with partners & across departments to seamlessly execute programs & deliverables, while always hitting deadlines.
- Develop decks, presentations, & pitch materials for both internal & partner-facing needs.
- Identify & support potential new business opportunities, assessing viability, & developing the proposals & relationships necessary to formalize discussions.
- Serve as strategy / project lead for key departmental initiatives on behalf of the leadership team.
- Own development of investor materials including board decks, quarterly memos, one off reports in collaboration with finance & functional teams.
- Manage monthly all-hands meetings to ensure maximum impact including format, material prep from key stakeholders, & ways to further engagement / culture.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience working in a multi-faceted partnerships and/ or strategy role at a consumer facing business
- You are comfortable taking the lead, driving the process internally & externally
- You build strong relationships with internal teams that lead to successful outcomes
- You are a resourceful self-starter, motivated by opportunity & the excitement to pursue win-win partnerships with top-tier brands & talent
- You are strategic, creative, & analytical - up to date on the latest cultural trends, know what excites consumers, & are not afraid of crunching numbers to demonstrate impact
- You love powerpoint & use storytelling & data to articulate strategy, sell ideas, demonstrate results
- You are comfortable with change & the fast pace of a growing brand
- You are hyper-organizedskilled at balancing priorities & meeting deadlines
- You thrive on bringing new, fresh ideas for how partnerships can push the brand forward
- Background in consumer (apparel, retail, DTC) a plus
- Ability to be in our NYC office 3 days a week
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- Its all about the people. To us, diversity is a strength. We check our egos at the door & value all backgrounds & experiences. From our employees to our customers to our partnerswe build relationships that last.
- We give a shit. Every detail matters. We research, we test, we adjust. We take pride in everything we do by being thoughtful in our decision making & design process.
- We put our money where our mouth is. We work with ethical & humane partners, we act with integrity & trust, & we take ownership of our actions & mistakes.
- We build for the future. First, we listen; then we think, plan, & act for the long-term. We see problems as opportunities & take calculated risks to build a company that lasts.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Hybrid office model (in office M/T/Th)
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Salary range of $180,000-$250,000 *This range represents the low & high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NYC - based position. The base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience & qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, & balancing internal equity relative to other MW employees.