Tanium is searching for a hands-on Finance Systems Architect to help build & scale our Finance Systems technology portfolio. Under the direction of the Sr Manager of Corp Systems, you will partner closely with Finance & Accounting leadership as an expert advisor & visionary in the development & maturation of our technology portfolio and associated business processes.
As the sole Finance Systems Architect, the responsibilities for this role will be broad, including but not limited to: Proposing & documenting architecture for audiences ranging from executives to engineers, assisting with system implementation & configuration, and advising business teams on navigating change, embracing automation, & adopting new business processes. The Finance Systems Architect will frequently partner with IT Business Analysts and business stakeholders to gain insight into business, application, data, & technology process relationships & maintain a record of these interdependencies across our technology landscape.
The Finance Systems Architect plays a critical role in identifying gaps in business technology processes and is relied upon to suggest efficient & scalable solutions to address these needs. Successful candidates will be able to switch from being strategic, to tactical quickly & easily. You should be highly driven, extremely organized, a strong communicator & have a passion for technology. Expect to seamlessly support multiple concurrent projects, stay up to date with current technologies (with an emphasis on web services, integrations, and Finance tools) and possess outstanding documentation and visualization skills.
What Youll do:
- Actively indoctrinate yourself in Finance/Accounting & Finance Systems functions & processes
- Analyze complex business problems & assess how new or existing technologies can be implemented to solve them, with an eye for risk, scale, & quality.
- Establish and monitor feedback loops from internal business stakeholders in order to enhance processes
- Develop & maintain an up-to-date architecture repository with current, target, transition, & retired architectures.
- Work closely with the Finance Systems Engineers & ACS to ensure accurate execution of business-approved solutions, including hands-on configuration and testing
- Meet regularly with Business Analysts to identify process and technology gaps
- Take a proactive approach to iterative process improvement, seek ways to elevate processes from good to great
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a Finance Systems Architect, Solutions Architect, Lead Business Analyst, or Lead Architect
- 5+ years experience with NetSuite, Advanced Revenue Module
- Experience implementing SuiteBilling or third part billing automation solution
- Thorough understanding of the Quote to Cash lifecycle
- Previous experience with ISO27001 & SOX compliance
- Advanced knowledge of Finance & Accounting best practices, GAAP, and technology solutions (Coupa, Concur, Xactly, Adaptive Insights, Shareworks, etc)
- Previous experience as a Finance Systems Engineer and/or Administrator
- Demonstrated ability to translate business processes and requirements into technical solutions
- Expert knowledge of Visio or similar diagramming tools
- Strong understanding of Web Services & integrations
- Exposure to current Risk Management methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of Change Management processes
- Expertise with one of multiple common Architecture frameworks (TOGAF 9 preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Project Management experience
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.