Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Manage multiple complex programs & projects for the Operations & Infrastructure Core Systems Operations & Engineering Infrastructure Project Management Office. Candidate will work with technical staff, customers & Senior Management across organizational boundaries to obtain resources, schedule, & coordinate all areas to successfully complete phases & deliverables.
- Serve as a PD lane's single point of contact into O&I for multiple and/or complex lanes.
- Build & maintain strong Senior Leadership relationship with Operations & Infrastructure as well as the Service Lane supported
- Serve as Core Systems lead on all large infrastructure projects, working across all O&I operations & engineering lanes, as well as Finance to prepare & develop infrastructure solutions based on PD requirements, including preparing initial order of magnitude estimates, & further elaborating on estimate details to develop a comprehensive estimate & solution for review & approval by all executive stakeholders.
- Prepare funding package documentation, including business cases/financial models & executive summaries, working with Finance, PD lane & engineering functions.
- Project/program scheduling & planning, including ongoing schedule & status updates.
- Manage tasks & coordination of resources assigned to the project.
- Provide leadership & oversight of program & project performance & ensure compliance with program & project management & information security methodologies.
- Identify, manage, & resolve issues & conflicts.
- Risk identification & management.
- Complete Visa's project management compliance activities, including required Gate Reviews.
- Communicate project status & issues with stakeholders & leadership.
- Track & report project's and/or program's forecasted & actual costs, & provide explanations on variances.
- Set up project tasks & schedules using MS Project.
- Manage change controls & change impact assessments for scope, schedule & budget.
- Partner & collaborate with cross-organizational functions to deliver on objectives.
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones & with differing cultures.
- Use abilities to influence customers & stakeholders, & properly manage divergent expectations.
- Maintain excellent internal & external customer relationships.
- Provide prioritization of initiatives across lanes & O&I. Ensure business & O&I needs are met with limited resources.
- Work directly with Project Management, Development, Business Stakeholders, & IT teams to ensure that new initiatives are delivered on-time & within budget from an Engineering perspective.
- Build relationships & remain in constant contact with various Operations & Engineering teams, including Network, Security, Storage, Database, Middleware, Capacity Planning, Linux, Unix, Windows, Support, Performance & Tools, & facilities.
- Ensure that proposed initiatives are accurately estimated, designed to spec, & delivered to the targeted service level solution.
- 10 years of hands-on project/program management experience, including a minimum of 2 years with large or complex (12+ month duration, $3-5 million budget) IT projects with 10 or more core team members & extended teams of 30-100+ members
- Track record of on-time, on-scope, high-quality implementations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Visa Core Systems & products, as well as applications, plus experience in Visa's Project Management Methodology preferred
- Proven success in coordinating large teams in delivery of complex solutions
- Strong process orientation; solid understanding of project/program management techniques, methodologies & best practices
- Demonstrated organizational, planning & analytical skills, including project scheduling, estimating, risk identification, & change management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, demonstrated in writing samples
- Strong analytical skills, with a minimum of 10 years in analysis & requirements positions
- Knowledge & experience with a formal Project Management Methodology
- Competency in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proven ability to meet schedules
- Familiarity with Agile & Scrum processes & working in Sprints a plus
- ITIL v3 Certification a plus
- SAFe expertise is a strong plus
- SPC4 certification is a strong plus
- PMP certification from PMI is a plus
- Financial services & card payments experience
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.