Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Customer Support Specialist - Tier 1 role:
The Customer Support Specialist - Tier 1 is responsible for all front-line customer interactions via phone, chat, & email in the OpenGov Customer Support organization. The ideal team member will provide quality first response to omnichannel customer interactions, provide technical support towards first contact resolution, & achieve high customer satisfaction. This position will work closely alongside the Technical Support Analysts (Tier 2), Professional Services, & Customer Success teams to solve customer cases.
We are looking for team members who demonstrate our Mission, Core Values & have a High EQ.
OpenGov is the leader in providing our nation's state & local governments with modern cloud-based software.
Powering more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov -Core Values:
We do what we say we'll do.
We drive for customer impact
We have a passion for the mission
Customer Support Specialist - Tier 1 Responsibilities:
60% - Quality Interactions
Provide customer technical support via omnichannel interactions in order to achieve key performance goals. This includes ensuring customer interactions are addressed in a timely & accurate manner & meeting or exceeding service levels.
Utilize service desk platform (ZenDesk) for case management by providing adequate log notes, timely case updates, & work towards First Contact Resolution (FCR) for incoming inquiries to Customer Support.
20% - Triaging & Troubleshooting
Triage customers reported incidents for severity, urgency, & content to ensure consistency & quality in case content. Perform research across various tools to determine if the incident is a known issue or defect. Conduct troubleshooting by replicating incidents versus the expected results & document steps to reproduce prior to escalating to Tier 2.
10% - Knowledge Management
Add to the OpenGov Resource Center by creating new knowledge content based on resolved cases. Contribute to the existing knowledge base & support peer education & efficiency through documenting repeatable processes.
10% - Growth & Development
Develop the skills necessary to troubleshoot a wide range of products & technologies using standard procedures. Participate in scheduled training sessions to learn internal & proprietary technologies. Utilize OpenGov education portal to expand your technology skills to improve case resolution & for career advancement.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of Support Center experience with SaaS products
• Strong interpersonal, written, & verbal communication skills
• Strong technical aptitude to problem solve & understand complicated problem statements
• Proficiency with documenting cases by training, responding, troubleshooting, & resolving
• Excellent organizational, time-management, & prioritization skills
• Ability to collaborate & thrive within a team environment
• Ability to learn new technologies & concepts quickly
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Experience with a Service Desk platform (ZenDesk, Service Cloud, SNOW, JSD, etc.)
• Experience with a Knowledge Management system & creating knowledge articles
• Participate in rotating on-call after business hours support
• Experience working with government (state or local) customers or agencies
• Working knowledge of accounting & budgeting principles
• Procurement, sourcing, or bidding experience