Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Developers play a critical role in the success at Mailchimp having built thousands of integrations on our open platform. Were looking for a Developer Relations Advocate to collaborate & cultivate the global developer community to amplify the unique ways people are using Mailchimp. The person in this role will become deeply engaged in the community of developers & be a trusted & respected ambassador.
Youll connect with developers across the globe both at conferences as well as online, & advocate for developer interests & needs. Youll focus on supporting third-party developers who build applications & businesses on Mailchimp's platform. As a Developer Relations Advocate, youll convey feedback from external developers to our internal engineering teams. We are looking for someone with a strong technical expertise who has an in-depth understanding (or can learn very quickly) of our products/APIs. Your technical expertise, communication, & presentation skills allow you to build trust & foster deep relationships. You'll be responsible for helping promote awareness, education, networking, & growth through interactions at meetups, conferences, social media & online communities.
What you'll do here:
- You will develop & maintain a deep understanding of how developers & software companies work with Mailchimps platform
- You will use your subject matter expertise to evangelize the Mailchimp developer experience by presenting at developer conferences, webinars, & other events.
- You will engage directly with developers in the Mailchimp Online Community as well as external developer communities & social media outlets
- You will educate developers on best practices for effective integration of Mailchimp products
- You will be the "Voice of the Developer" by championing developers within the Mailchimp internal teams, translating developer needs into prioritized feature developments.
- In particular, it's critical to have a strong working relationship with Mailchimps Engineering team. That includes working with Engineering Management to help identify talent & amplify Mailchimp Engineering voices in the development community
- You will scope & build samples, guides, & Developer Blog posts with minimal guidance, producing code & content for the developer audience
- You will contribute to the direction of our developer strategy with your industry experience, relationships, & knowledge of developer best practices, trends & concepts.
- You will grow & develop the success of the Mailchimp developer experience finding innovative ways to create additional awareness & momentum.
- You will conduct proactive & reactive one-one-one outreach with developers to get feedback & improve the experience
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience of writing & maintaining scalable, efficient code
- You have direct experience in Developer Relations, Developer Support, and/or Developer Documentation with a passion for external partner interaction & an understanding of business needs
- You have deep understanding of REST APIs, experience building & publishing apps, & creating tools for developers. Advanced knowledge of Mailchimps API a plus
- You have excellent verbal, written, & presentation-based communication skills; consistently delivering well-polished communications both internally & externally
- You are willing to travel to attend conferences, meetups, & other events (when travel opens up)
- You have the ability to quickly understand complex, interdependent technical requirements
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to Covid-19? Click here: https://mailchi.mp/mailchimp/hiring-covid-19
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.