Eave is looking for a front-end engineer to help us make ethical mortgages easy. Youll join an experienced engineering team that's building the industrys most sophisticated mortgage technology platform from scratch.
Eave by Homelight is a digital mortgage lender empowering todays homebuyer. We offer simple, transparent home loans that enable all creditworthy buyers to be treated like cash buyers. Were rebuilding the $10 trillion mortgage industry from the ground up using our powerful, automated technology. With Eave, homebuyers are fully underwritten in just 24 hours, providing cash-like certainty. Even better? We save our clients thousands of dollars & weeks of frustration.
In May 2019, Eave joined forces with Homelight to help 100,000s of home buyers, sellers & realtors across the country. Together, were empowering people to achieve the best outcome when buying or selling real estate.
For every mortgage that Eave provides, Eave builds a home for a family in need in India. Your work will help millions of families improve their lives.
What gets you excited
- Overturning archaic orthodoxies in the largest area of our economy
- Building a machine process so that individuals are rapidly, scalably underwritten to their true creditworthiness without human intervention
- Solving emotional pain points for millions of people, which wastes extraordinary amounts of time & money
- Fixing real-world problems elegantly, versus with the most technologically advanced solution
- Clear communication & collaboration w/ engineering & operations to eliminate error & wasted dev cycles
- Using your past experience building software from pre-product to fast growth to help your colleagues learn & grow
Languages / stacks / front-end functionality expertise
- Make informed decisions regarding tools & frameworks & implement them in a manner that enables every engineer to productively make front end changes
- Share your expertise & experience in front-end architecture with every engineer
- Experience creating & maintaining large, long-term products in React
- Youre comfortable debating the pros & cons of different languages (ES6, Flow, TypeScript) & frameworks (React, Redux, Angular) & infra (webpack, Yarn, Gatsby) & making a case for your decisions
- An eagerness to broaden your skills to the full stack
Our Promise to You
Your potential to help achieve our mission & shared goals is the only thing that matters. We do not care about pre-defined academic or past employer stereotypes.
You will succeed at Eave if you:
- Are constantly curious
- Prefer rapid iteration
- Never settle for the status quo
- Enjoy helping others succeed
- Value feedback
- Embrace change