Applecart deploys proprietary technology to run marketing campaigns that leverage positive customer word-of-mouth on behalf of brands. Last year we closed a $6 million funding round, led by global sports & entertainment leader Endeavor (with Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel joining Applecarts board) & other prominent tech investors including Aspect Ventures, former Yelp SVP of Engineering Michael Stoppelman, & Infinite Computer Solutions founder Sanjay Govil.
Applecart is building a game-changing, direct-to-consumer, two-sided marketplace that will empower & compensate customers who refer their personal networks to brands & products that they genuinely love. We give brands the ability to tap into a new scalable & cost-effective customer acquisition channel: peer-to-peer referrals via the networks of their current, satisfied customers. Our marketplace helps great brands efficiently grow beyond traditional marketing channels to generate a high volume of sales via genuine & positive word-of-mouth from existing customers.
About the Role
As a Mobile Engineer at Applecart, you will have the opportunity to help launch a consumer-facing mobile app from the ground up. Youll join the App Team, where youll have significant ownership over our end product, implementing brand new features straight out of user research & using the results of user testing to iterate on existing features. You will be exposed to a wide arrange of responsibilities, from working with the backend engineers on your team, to partnering with product & marketing on new feature roll-outs. Your end-product will be directly in the hands of our users & drive significant earnings for everyday consumers as well as business value for both Applecart & our partners.
What you will do:
- Work closely with product & design colleagues to build a low friction, high quality experience on iOS & Android
- Ideate on innovative solutions to findings surfaced across user research sessions & beta testing
- Collaborate on estimates, mock-ups & prioritization for new feature rollouts
- 3+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 2 years of React Native experience
- Experience building front-end applications with React, having spent time understanding its core principles & using key libraries (e.g. Flux or Redux)
- Track record of using various testing frameworks (e.g. Jest & Enzyme) & patterns (unit vs. functional) to boost code quality, challenge assumptions & enable collaboration
- Ability to build & maintain, interactive mobile applications with a smooth UX/UI experience
- Experience working with RESTful APIs & optimizing calls for performance (often means knowing when to make a call async vs sync, whether to cache)
- Ability to work in an agile environment, constantly measuring, iterating & improving the mobile app (youll be able to lean on your product manager, data analyst, & data scientist colleagues!)
- Experience publishing & distributing apps via Test Flight, the iOS App Store, or the Google Play Store
- Experience with deep linking (using Branch.IO, URIs) & implementing in-app analytics (with tools like Flurry or Segment)
- Experience working with Typescript