ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOX Bet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Were looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our UX & Design team in New York City, working on our Fantasy product.
What youll do
Youll be part of the design team for our pioneering daily fantasy sports product in America. Joining a fast growing UX & Design team, working on innovative new features & building upon the existing experiences that our customers love, maintaining our best-in-class status.
Youll use qualitative & quantitative research techniques to understand our users, champion the customer by being their voice within the company, & work with teams across the organisation to share insights & enable us to create engaging user experiences. Youll work on the important here-and-now projects being delivered, as well as some exciting future thinking projects.
Youll lead team projects & goals with wide scope & ambiguity, & educate the team & stakeholders on UX & Design best practices. Youll move forward projects with a high level of autonomy. Youll receive assignments in the form of objectives & works on solutions to meet schedules & goals.
Youll develop new approaches for tackling a problem, using known methods & anticipating problems.
Youll lead & facilitate meetings & sessions, & contribute to team meetings. Youll be heavily involved in hiring & onboarding new people to the team. Youll receives coaching in technical & behavioural skills & coach less experienced team members in technical skills.
What you bring
A minimum of 5+ years of post-graduate experience working in a UX Research or a similar role is required.
Youre an experienced professional whos contributed to multiple projects on multiple shipped products & demonstrated the relevant behaviours & functional knowledge during those projects. You understand the best practices of hiring & have a solid foundation of a professional network.
You can use your wide-ranging experience to create novel yet implementable research plans to solve complex issues. Your work is high quality & sets the standard for UX research. You stay at the very forefront of the field & on top of the newest tools & methodologies. Youre aware of Information Architecture theory. You work with product roadmaps to plan advance research & identify gaps in user knowledge as it relates to new features or improvements & have worked closely with related disciplines on research strategies for complicated studies. You have a focus on educating colleagues on UX research practices & methodologies.
You can clearly communicate rationale to partners & have developed persuasion techniques.
What to include in your application
- Your resume & any extra info thats relevant
- At least one case study of a real world project. We want to see how you tackle a digital product/UX research problem & turn insights into actions. Demonstrate your qualitative research skills, product thinking, process, & communication skills. You can read a blog post about we look for in a case study. If you cant share a case study with us, please let us know why so we can work something out.
- Any online profiles like Dribbble, Behance, Codepen, or others that you think we should see.
What youll get
Beyond working with such a great team? Were serious about career development at FanDuel. Your manager will help you set development goals & use our designer-specific career framework to grow over time, whether you see your future as an individual contributor or a people manager. All our managers have a focus on continuous development & a drive to help you reach your potential, with in-house training & a development budget.
- Inclusive & collaborative colleagues who value & respect each other.
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions in an environment where its safe to get it wrong every once in a while.
- Hall of fame benefits including programs that allow you to share in our success.
- Flexible working & holidays to let you refuel as & when it suits you.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.