Hi, were Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
What is the Position?
In this role, you will work within Oscars Insurance Operations department to build systematic solutions to identify & respond to fraud, waste, & abuse (FWA). You will be responsible for designing & implementing scalable processes that leverage the industry & subject matter expertise of those around you. You will work closely alongside Oscars Data, Legal, Compliance, Network, Clinical, & Tech teams to ensure scalability as we grow into new markets & products. Finally, you will manage cross-functional initiatives that will expand our FWA suite & impact the organizations bottom line.
Well expect you to understand complexity, distill it, & explain it in simple, structured terms.
Deliverables: What you will achieve
During the first 6 weeks you will:
- Develop a baseline understanding of the insurance operations, payment integrity, & FWA ecosystems (including the stakeholders with whom we interact), as well as current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps
- Engage & build relationships with current team members
- Embody Oscars vision of customer-orientation & lean operations
- Initiate connections with key internal stakeholders, particularly from Data, Compliance, & Clinical
On an ongoing basis you will:
- Perceive problems on the team & the department - you are leading & shaping the direction for initiatives
- Be a trusted partner for other Oscar teams
- Design & implement measurable, repeatable, & scalable tools & processes for FWA execution
- Set aggressive & meaningful goals, then lead the charge to achieve operational & cross-functional excellence
- Drive the culture at Oscar through your daily actions & leadership
What leads to success in this role?
Must-have qualities include:
- A bachelors degree
- Outstanding structured, systematic, & critical thinking
- A desire to eliminate waste while driving operational excellence - you have a strong track record of automating or scaling manual operational processes
- Solid analytical skills - you know how to use tools to answer your own questions, & you empower your team to do the same
- The ability to partner with others to take big ideas all the way through execution
- 4-5+ years work experience in health care (or other heavily regulated industry), management consulting, tech
We think you will love this job if you...
- Are passionate about building from the ground-up
- Have insatiable curiosity & a desire to seek the truth
- Are willing to master the detail but can also zoom out to understand the big picture
- Like to experiment & iterate on creative solutions to complex problems
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.