We are seeking a Manager, IT Operations for our Taiwan region, to be based out of our Tainan office. This individual will take the lead in managing & developing the IT operations function for Pelotons expanding engineering & manufacturing footprint in partnership with the Global IT Operations team which is based in the United States. It is critical to have an in-region Taiwan team that understands localized issues & possesses the operational know-how to facilitate Pelotons expansion activities. This role will have a significant impact on mitigating the significant logistical challenges, while driving higher efficiency as Pelotons Taiwanese base business operations.
Taiwan Regional IT Leadership
- IT strategy, planning, design, & implementation for offices, labs, manufacturing facilities, & other locations across the region
- Program management & oversight of regionally focused IT initiatives
- Responsibility for providing support to regional technical operations
- Partner closely with IT Leadership peers who manage infrastructure, security, service desk, ITSM, monitoring, change control, end user computing systems, & mobility, to deliver integrated solutions & services that provide world class operational performance
- Participation with the global team in work groups & steering committees around the creation of standards & processes to maximize the efficiency of global IT operations, to include best practices, global technical standards, SLAs, escalation procedures, change control, & quality management
- Ensure that the availability & responsiveness of the enterprise infrastructure meets the goals & requirements of the region.
- Responsible for benchmarking, analyzing & making recommendations for performance & service improvements
- Accountable for ensuring global standards, processes, management systems are followed by the regional personnel & extended vendor teams.
- Creation of technology standards specific to international regions & integration of those standards into the larger company global standards
- Hiring & management of top tier technical talent in the European region to support company objectives
- Manage regional budgets & spend ensuring maximum value to cost ratio
- Manage regional vendor relationships & performance to service level agreement, & contracts.
- Travel 25% within Taiwan, largely Taipei & Taichung
Support geographic expansion
- Participation in site selection from a construction, technology, & communications perspective
- Development of technical requirements for new locations in conjunction with the Global engineering & support teams
- Support of construction management activities based on locally available resources in new geographies
- Deployment of technology systems to new sites
- Implementation of globally integrated localized support services
- Support of R&D activities as required
- Support of M&A activities as required
- 10 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in Information Technology infrastructure experience, with 10 years operating Internationally
- Demonstrated leadership & project/program management experience in major infrastructure areas including compute, storage, network, cloud, voice, wireless, remote access, cyber security, & facilities development
- Working knowledge of technologies from Cisco, Palo Alto, Jamf, Microsoft Intune, Gsuite, Jira, & others.
- Experience working within a global matrixed management organization
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, & excellent written & spoken communication skills. Proficiency in English required.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.