InfluxData is a fast-growing Series D startup that offers InfluxDB, a time series database recognized industry-wide as the clear leader of the fastest growing database category.
InfluxDB is running on hundreds of thousands of machines, used by teams worldwide to monitor & understand their systems & devices. The majority of our users are developers & builders using our open source software, but we also offer enterprise & cloud SaaS products, exposing a single unified API.
Were looking for a Principal or Senior Security Engineer to join a team responsible for architecting, maintaining, & monitoring our cloud-first SaaS products. We have big plans to expand across numerous cloud platforms - & we need you to help us get there!
As a principal or senior security engineer, you will lead the security operations of our Site Reliability (SRE) team which is geographically distributed with a home office in San Francisco, CA.
*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy & following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA *
What Youll Be Doing:
- Manage security incident monitoring, detection & response process, including
- Attack surface mapping & threat modeling of service & infrastructure
- Asset discovery, instrumentation, logging & collection of security events
- Review & analyze security alerts & work closely with internal teams on investigations & remediation
- Implement vulnerability management program
- Perform vulnerability assessments of the production platform
- Prioritize findings based on risk
- Work with internal teams to ensure timely remediation
- Participate in security architecture reviews of current & future infrastructure
- Perform regular security assessments on existing & future third-party suppliers
- Recommend & implement technology controls for monitoring ingress & egress traffic
- Provide regular technical training to internal teams on security best practices & tools
- Help design & pilot tools for security monitoring leveraging influxdata technology
What Youll Bring to the Team:
- 5-7+ years experience in a security engineering or operations role
- Technical degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- Experience with security logging & traffic monitoring tools
- Experience with vulnerability scanning & penetration testing tools
- Experience in digital forensics, investigations & incident response
- Strong asynchronous, remote-first communication skills. Previous remote work experience a plus
- Self-starting, ambitious, & inclusive: you want to get problems solved & help others follow your lead
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, & Battery Ventures, & a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxDatas workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. & across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers & computers. We are on a mission to help developers & organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, & Tesla, store & analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, & IoT applications quicker & to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees & dependents
- Company contribution to FSA & commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- & long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company & only by having a core set of beliefs & values will we be successful. We hire & live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters & recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.