ABOUT THE ROLE:
At DIG, we believe that building a great team & culture starts with a people-first approach. We work hard to foster an open learning environment in which employees feel engaged & empowered to do great work, knowing they have tons of support from their leaders & the People Team. As a people centric organization, we believe that building transformative partnerships with our restaurant leaders & employees is the key to achieving a learning culture. As the Field HR Associate, you will be central & critical in supporting all People team-related processes, programs, & initiatives within employee relations, compliance, benefits & recruitment. This role will partner directly with our restaurant leaders, ensuring our employees are taken care of though their entire journey with us. As Field HR Associate, you will serve as the guiding light between the People team & the field & keep us all organized & up to compliance. This role will occasionally work from the field, communicate cross functionally to other People Team members & departments & report to the HR Manager. This role will require Spanish written & verbal communication skills.
- Act as the face of the People team in the field by providing professional & strategic support.
- Coach restaurant leaders on resolving employee relations issues as they arise. You serve as a trusted partner & are their go-to person for all people related matters.
- Manage the paperwork process for the employee lifecycle including: full-time, part-time etc.
- Process confidential employee information including applications, new hire paperwork, immigration related procedures, pay changes, ADA requests, data changes, & terminations.
- Lead day-to-day implementation of COVID health & safety protocols.
- Project manage HR initiatives including performance evaluations, annual compensation planning, budgets, training & development, new leader onboarding etc.
- Support offboarding activities & perform related administrative tasks which may include: scheduling exit interviews, updating HRIS & payroll systems, & providing information centric to HR post termination to departing team members.
- Execute all related administrative work for team members going on leave (e.g submitting claims for SDI & FMLA).
- Assist with payroll & benefits administration.
- Prepare, coordinate, & facilitate new employee orientations in partnership with the Training Team.
- Ensure proper I-9 record retention & E-verify compliance.
- Run HR reports & analytics.
- Respond to internal & external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Schedule meetings, HR events etc. & maintain the teams agenda.
- Develop a strong, collaborative, & responsive relationship with employees at every level of the organization.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a retail or restaurant environment supporting a central HR.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (English & Spanish).
- Serious hospitality & team focus. A strong desire to help people!
- Strong organizational skills with intense focus on detail & accuracy.
- Proven experience implementing, & executing HR processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm for thinking differently, tackling complex problems, & identifying new ways of doing things. You can quickly recognize, diagnose & solve problems for teams.
- Proactive ability to think independently & solve collaboratively.
- A natural ability to drive solutions. You create processes surrounding strategic goals & direction with people top of mind.
- Exceptional time management & organization skills to manage deliverable prioritization & conflicting timelines in a fast paced environment. You are able to manage your own time & the time of others.
- Experience in staffing, organizational change, development & training, employee/labor relations, compensation, & benefits.
- Experience in Employee Relations.
- Ability to develop & maintain effective relationships with a high degree of professionalism.
- A strong desire to grow in the People + Culture field.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you dont mind rolling up your sleeves & getting scrappy.
- A passion for real, good food.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, were building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking & serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, weve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, & taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, weve built direct & real relationships with farmers. We dont just name check them on our menus -- were true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ & people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round & change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef & all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs & cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
Were not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food & great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, & we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply