Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Title Policy Lead who is adaptable, resourceful, & deadline driven. You will assist the Head of National Operations or the specific Department Supervisor with monitoring the day-to-day duties within the Policy department; up to & including providing services for multiple states or regions, maximizing efficiency & profitability.
What Youll Do Here
- Reviews & analyzes residential files for items necessary to issue title policies including, but not limited to, recorded documents, final commitment, surveys, lender/attorney instructions, tax certificates, etc
- Reviews recorded documents for accuracy & correctness for transaction type & timely recording & requests any corrections, when necessary
- Reviews title premium calculations & verifies that all policies & endorsements are calculated & issued (as required & regulated by the State Department of Insurance using promulgated rates) & in accordance with lender/attorney instructions
- Corrects any necessary premium exception within Qualia
- Determines exceptions to be shown on all policies based on policy/transaction/property types
- Inputs required data into Qualia for statistical reporting & interfacing with the Underwriter Policy integration/software
- Types policies based on review & readies them for mailing to Customers. Resolves title policy issues that may arise during or after closing.
- 5 years of escrow/title policy experience
- State insurance regulations, rate & procedural rules
- Basic & complicated underwriting procedures
- Coverages of title policy insurance
- Requirements of a valid recordable document
- Qualia experience recommended