Based in New York, the Global Head of Sales is responsible for driving the sales of TripAdvisors global non hotel media business which includes the general travel & non-endemic business. This role will be responsible for setting the sales strategy & execution & generating revenue through a world class sales organization. The Head of Sales, plays a key role in driving the future growth of the CoreX Advertising Business.
The incoming Head of Sales will focus on expansion to new customer segments, developing new partnerships, expanding the core product, & strengthening operations. He/She will also be instrumental in creating future strategic plans.
What youll do:
- Directly recruit, manage, & mentor the enterprise sales team responsible for driving revenue growth across new channels & verticals.
- Champion sales vision, strategy, & roadmap that aligns with company vision & strategy
- Commercialize new product offerings with a strong go-to-market value & stance
- Ability to balance short-term sales goals with long-term, game-changing initiatives
- Responsible for establishing a client obsessed culture by developing & operationalizing sales strategy to achieve critical sales metrics
- Manage & report accurate forecast & pipeline, achieve sales goals on a quarterly basis, & coach account executives on strategies to reach their goals.
- Establish an effective partnership with operations, product, engineering, creative, & marketing teams.
- Build a detailed understanding of the market & online travel industry globally
- Work with the Global Head of Advertising to devise & execute a global sales strategy to achieve business goals
- Personally negotiate & close enterprise-level accounts that support the long-term growth of the business
- Maintain & share knowledge of global market conditions, competition, & opportunities
Key Skills / Experience
- 12+ years of sales experience; with at least 7 years successfully managing & mentoring a global sales team
- Provide leadership to sales, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, & ethical behavior
- Drive team performance to exceed targets for sales & revenue growth consistent with margin expectations
- Ensure best practices sales processes are in place & monitor execution to constantly optimize results
- Lead sales organization change initiatives by championing change initiatives, & overcoming challenges that are impeding revenue growth
- Recruit top caliber sales professionals at all levels of sales organization & scale the organization
- Collaborate with our marketing organization to maximize benefit from demand generation & account-based marketing investment & execution
- Collaborate with implementation & professional services organizations to ensure efficient transition from prospect to customer & accelerate revenue generation
- Manage ongoing forecasting process to provide predictable results
- Partner with other senior leaders to gather & provide valuable process & product improvements
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal & written presentation skills
- Experience in a digital advertising, fast growth business strongly preferred
What youll bring to the team
- A proven track record leading a widely geographically distributed sales team selling digital advertising products
- A history of success recruiting & retaining top tier sales professionals with proven ability to exceed performance targets
- Proven ability to implement & drive a disciplined, systematic sales process across sales teams
- Ability to be a collaborative manager & strong influencer with superior interpersonal skills & strong business acumen
- A track record of success as a sales leader who can successfully negotiate contracts with six & seven figure annual recurring revenue with large corporate customers
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree required