ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
Our team is a group of fast-moving & creative thinkers who thrive on building products Skimmrs love. We are responsible for our products from conception to launch, & we collaborate with teammates from design, engineering, user research, data analytics, editorial, marketing, & sales to bring our ideas to life.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Create a product roadmap that delivers on our mission to integrate better money habits into the routines of millions of millennial women
- Partner with design, editorial, & engineering to execute on that roadmap, testing hypotheses & iterating along the way
- Partner with user research & data analytics to understand user pain points & identify opportunities to improve
- Create clear launch goals & success metrics based on user & business objectives, & continuously track towards them
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join us. Youve got the basics of PMing down & can take on difficult, ambiguous projects where the solution is not clear from the outset. You're passionate about improving the financial lives of millennial women, & are excited to explore new product/market fit.
- 2+ years professional experience managing modern consumer apps
- User empathy: elicits non-obvious user needs & champions user goals
- Analytical: synthesizes quantitative & qualitative data to gain a narrow definition of a problem
- Executional ownership: breaks down projects to MVPs & works cross functionally to bring them to life
- Passionate: excited to build user-friendly fintech products for millennial women
- Results-oriented: focuses on the end goal & thoughtfully refines processes when necessary to ensure success
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.