At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an energetic team-player, who has a strong background in technical writing for hardware & operations, to ensure efficient fleet operations on the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in New York. You will work together to develop, document, refine, & communicate processes to broad audiences on how to operate & maintain our rideable fleet.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Document & refine technical content into standard operating procedures for broader audiences.
- Perform hands-on work to various bike & scooter models to develop basic repair & retrofit procedures.
- Work with Serviceability Associates to streamline the development of repair manuals, operating guides, & training content.
- Communicate content updates to relevant teams in an organized & visible manner.
- Conduct train the trainer sessions in various markets
- 2 years+ of work experience in a fast paced environment
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field, or a combination of training & equivalent work experience in a technical communications role
- Hands on electro-mechanical experience preferred
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- Strong problem structuring & solving skills
- Up to 30% of travel required
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.