Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is seeking a programming technical lead to work on an online multiplayer game. The programmer will work, in a dynamic environment, with fellow programmers as well as game & level designers on prototyping, designing, implementing, & improving many aspects of the game.
- Implementing critical modules of major features of the game;
- Develop and/or suggest tools to improve the efficiency of team members;
- Conduct performance & memory optimizations when necessary;
- Conducting peer design & code reviews, & ensure that features implemented by peer are of top quality;
- Work with the technical director on defining the technical needs for the projects;
- Providing tasks estimates for major features;
- Delve when necessary to unblock the production in difficult situations;
- Mentor programmers on all aspects of game & software development;
- Work with representatives of all aspects of a game production (artists, designers, producers, dev ops, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area;
- Ability to produce efficient software designs, & to write clear & maintainable code;
- Strong C++ skills;
- Experience with online multiplayer game programming;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, or an equivalent game engine, is a plus;
- Ability to solve challenging technical problems, with excellent analysis, & rapid deployment of effective solutions;
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work, manage their own time, & work within deadlines;
- Great communication skills;
- Great team player. Great ability to work with lead programmers, technical directors, & producers;
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic;
- Ability to adapt to changing needs & requirements;
- Ability to pay a good attention to details;
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games;
- Passion & enthusiasm for video games.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.