TripAdvisor is the worlds largest travel platform. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to us each month to discover, book, & share their expertise around the best things to do, places to eat, & places to stay. Over the past year, weve evolved our brand strategy to identify new a platform to help us drive brand reappraisal & transform the brand.The new brand platform is scheduled to coincide with the 20th anniversary of TripAdvisor in 2020. The brand evolution will bring a fresh design, voice, & point of view as TripAdvisor takes steps towards becoming more personalized & relevant for todays & the next generation of travelers!
With this backdrop to the brand,we are seeking an experienced creative leader to bring TripAdvisors evolved brand narrative to life across the globe.
As TripAdvisor Creative Director, youll be responsible for leading an in-house creative team in scaling & amplifying our brand. In this role, youll also partner with our external creative agencies to extend our brand platform across owned, earned, & paid channels. You will oversee our content capability including a content strategy lead, social team, & copy writers to help drive the brand narrative.
As a member of the brand marketing team, youll play an important role in building & transforming our global brand, creating demand, driving growth, & establishing TripAdvisor as the go-to travel resource.
Successful candidates are brand missionaries, passionate storytellers, have an entrepreneurial spirit, & the ability to build & inspire a world-class creative team. You are deeply creative & self-motivated & you bring great taste, an impeccable ability to understand audiences & make content that resonates. You also bring a network of talented & ready-to-activate freelancers.
What Youll Do
- Collaborate with our agency partners to scale & expand the creative vision across key channels: digital, social, video, etc
- Work with a content lead to develop & implement an approach to tap into TripAdvisors community (e.g., users, destination experts, network of businesses) to develop & supplement original content & build a scalable platform.
- Provide direction & oversight to social strategist lead/team to build engaging creative assets for paid & owned social channels
- Work with creative lead to develop plan, build-out, & provide leadership for a potential in-house creative studio
- Hire, scale, & manage a team of freelance/full time content creators
- Support integrated marketing communication efforts across our business
- Lead with vision & passion to ensure our team achieves high quality creative work
- Attract & assemble top creative talent
- Provide mentorship & development opportunities to our creative team
- Cultivate an environment where creativity, innovation, & ideation can flourish
- Differentiate our brand through world-class creativity & content that drives affinity
- Demonstrate thought leadership in content/social & advertising strategies & programs to drive transformation
As a creative leader
- You have experience creating compelling messages/copy/content across integrated & innovative media channels, particularly for brands that are evolving or transforming
- You have experience cultivating & leading high-performing creative teams, preferably at an agency or at a high-growth global company of scale
- You have 10+ years of professional experience in brand/marketing creative both in house & agency & you came up through the copy side of the business
- You are a natural storyteller who understands best-in-class creative (design & copy) & inspires it through the work you do
- You have experience in collaborating with cross functional partners & leaders
- You are passionate about content & community, with direct experience running a content strategy that powers business results
- You are an inspiring & skilled communicator & presenter with ability to explain/defend your design decisions to executive leadership
- You have a passion for creativity & expression
- You have thoughtfully hired, mentored & retained a world-class team within a fast-paced, hyper-growth, ever-changing industry
- You are a Creative with high standards for quality, an expert at representing customer needs
- You can provide an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creative campaigns & marketing work with your role clearly defined & called out