About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional, seasoned hiring manager to create, manage, & lead, our missions software engineering division.You are a passionate, hands-on leader who has worked in multiple roles/companies & built (from the ground-up) engineering teams of 20+ people. You will drive organizational design, & organize engineering teams with efficient & clear lines of ownership. You will be able to attract, assemble, & retain high performing managers & engineers to gradually replace our existing offshore engineering team. You will own the process & architecture for a product area & ensure that engineering, product, & design are consistently aligned when executing. You will foster a culture of engineering best practices & development processes & develop teams that make the right architectural decisions.
About the Mission:
The Revenue Optimization mission is focused on building the foundations for pricing/yield management & inventory optimizations through state-of-the-art analytics & predictive modeling. The group will act as an in-house consulting team analyzing data to define strategies & execute on initiatives that will maximize our revenue streams for WeWork.We are crafting a layer of technology to power a pricing & inventory optimization engine to maximize revenue across all of our products, business units, & locations.
- You will build & lead a world class team of 20+ software engineers, & mentor this rapidly expanding group
- You will guide an offshore team of 8+ software developers (external resources / additional to above main team) in making technical decisions
- Drive technical & organizational strategy of our software engineering division
- Lead the design & architecture of our advanced, centralized pricing & inventory management platform (which will be used company-wide by multiple end users)
- Develop our machine learning infrastructure to facilitate training & tuning of our models
- You will own the entire stack of our applications
- You can lead/guide the team through sprint(s) scoping, resource allocation planning & commitment
- Establish strong relationships across all the companys Technology Missions leaders to improve process & culture across engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (MS or PhD degree in Computer Science a plus)
- Large systems software design & development experience, including experience in building web & native mobile applications plus backend APIs
- 4 years of experience managing software engineering managers (mentoring junior managers, setting technical direction, etc.)
- Experience building software engineering teams from the ground-up
- Hands-on technical management & people management experience
- Solid foundation in design, data structures & algorithms, & strong analytical & debugging skills with customer-facing products experience
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.