--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process, serving as an in-house resource to help define factors that are important to our clients & provide feedback for algorithm assessment & improvement. You love being at the forefront of breaking events!
About the role:
Dataminrs Domain Experts are an essential component of our companys success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality & making Dataminrs AI platform more advanced. As a Domain Expert, you will monitor & analyze our data feeds & annotate, label & edit signals in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process & our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As a Domain Expert, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning & AI models. Please note that this role requires rotational weekend work as well as projects & meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; & (3) be the in-house expert on Middle Eastern news & developments.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; ideally with a concentration in: journalism, Arabic studies, terrorism/conflict issues, Middle Eastern studies, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of geopolitical & risk issues that affect the Middle East
- Ability to monitor & analyze data in a fast-paced environment in Arabic/Farsi & English
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, & a great understanding of both social media & publicly available data
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Monitor & analyze our data feeds & the quality of our signals
- Annotate complex breaking news events
- Provide expertise on a particular subject matter to improve our AI models
- Ability to make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Collaborate & communicate in a team-centric environment on daily priorities
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product & engineering teams
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered dinner
- A kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted gym membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.