Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
Youre a highly-motivated problem solver. Your experience working in the public sector is the perfect fit for our Client Engagement team. By partnering with our state & local government clients, youll elevate their workflow & ensure that Dataminrs critical alerts are getting into the right hands at the right time so our clients can make faster decisions.
As part of our Client Engagement team, youll be working directly with law enforcement first responders to understand their workflow in a way that leads to better adoption, client satisfaction, & renewal of our platform.
- Become an expert on Dataminrs platform & maintain a deep understanding of publicly available information & social media use cases for first responders
- Learn client mission sets & operational processes to design & implement programs that seamlessly integrate Dataminr into client workflows
- Partner with internal teams to develop, implement, & deliver onboarding, training, & usage plans tailored for each client
- Train & support users on-site or virtually through video teleconference
- Serve as an advocate for our clients by creating & presenting client health & usage data to cross-functional account management & technical teams
- Collect client feedback & clearly articulate recommendations for product development to Dataminrs Engineering & Product teams
- Identify new potential client use cases & opportunities in support of business development efforts
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- 2-3 years of experience supporting public sector agencies, preferably U.S. state or major city first responders
- Knowledge of and/or experience with publicly available information & social media efforts of first responder public sector organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills & a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills
- High level of accountability & the ability to execute on multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing & able to travel to New York State client sites & domestically as needed (approx. 30%)
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.