Here's the thing-we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they're a terrible representation of what a job really entails & never paint a true picture of what it's like to work at an organization.
That's why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, & what the role is really like.
Who's Fundera & Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We're here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals & grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology & financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs & eligibility-helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced & passionate leadership teams in the business & backed by the industry's leading investors
, we've made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 & has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions & secure over $1 billion in funding).
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace & life you love, & if you want to learn more & grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor
, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain's Best Places to Work. Also, don't forget to peep our Instagram
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly & actually change the lives of America's small businesses & job creators. We think it's pretty cool, & think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
As our Credit Analyst, You'll Get to...
- Manage & maintain Fundera's credit pipeline to ensure high velocity & an efficient credit approval process for customers, & bank partners
- Review & assess loan information from small business loan applicants, including tax returns, balance sheets, profit & loss statements, & debt schedules
- Be a trusted resource internally to the Fundera sales team to demonstrate deep understanding of bank loan credit criteria
- Audit borrower applications & financial documents to ensure completeness & compliance with bank credit requirements
- Formulate a recommendation to Fundera's bank partners as to the approval decision & loan amount based on a thorough review & spreading of prospective borrower financials
- Draft credit memos per bank's criteria to reflect a detailed understanding of each credit & its inherent strengths & weaknesses
- Help us establish an effective credit process & optimize various steps of the process through internal product builds and/or external vendor relationships.
We're Looking for People Who...
- Are top of class in terms of analytical ability, deductive reasoning, & the ability to understand business financials
- Have a high level of attention to detail, & understand that the little things matter
- Are master communicators & can build rapport with customers, bank partners, & internal team members early & often
- Have the ability to utilize resources, such as existing bank lenders, lending guides, & team members to get answers to tough questions
- Are intellectually curious, & show interest in understanding the why behind bank requirements & processes, in order to make suggestions for continuous improvement
- Are able to work efficiently & understand the intricacies of credit criteria, moving with urgency to get customers credit approved as quickly as possible
- 2+ years professional experience in Credit, Accounting, or Finance
- Proficiency using Excel for financial analysis