IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash Meredith & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in NYC & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of volunteer time off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
Title: Manager, Tax Compliance
Reports to:Associate Director, Tax Compliance
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
We are looking for a high-performing professional to join our Domestic Tax group in our NYC headquarters. Reporting to the Tax Managers & Associate Director, this role supports the IAC business units, including Angi, Dotdash Meredith, Care.com, & many other popular digital brands, in all domestic tax compliance functions. The individual will interact most closely with local accounting personnel at the business units, as well as regularly with all levels both within the tax department & throughout the various departments of IAC Corporate Accounting & Finance. The ideal candidate should have had broad exposure to federal & state taxes.
This position is ideal for a motivated, results-oriented professional seeking a career development opportunity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of tax matters in a fast-growing global company (response to tax notices, tracking, tax payments, tax calendar management)
- Coordinate information requests with business units & outside consultants. to effectively manage the compliance process
- Preparation and/or review of all federal & state tax return compliance including book-to-tax adjustments & state apportionment
- Preparation and/or review of quarterly estimated state payment/extension calculations (book to tax adjustments, supporting work papers, comparative variance analysis).
- Conduct income tax research & assist with special projects, such as calculating impacts of proposed tax method changes as needed & tax audit requests.
- Work closely with the IAC Tax Team to identify & implement process improvements across the various tax compliance & reporting functions.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of potential law changes & their impact on the business.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting or tax.
- CPA and/or Master's degree in Tax is preferred.
- 5-7 years of corporate tax or public accounting experience preferred. Exposure to online media, entertainment and/or technology industry preferred.
- Advanced organizational & verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal employees & external consultants around the world.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficient with CorpTax compliance software a plus.
- Ability & desire to work in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Handle confidential & sensitive information to the utmost degree.
Salary Range:$100,000 to $170,000.
The base salary range above represents the anticipated low & high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary & may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, & performance. The range listed is just one component of IAC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, & short- & long-term incentives. In addition, IAC provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, a generous 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, & paid time off (PTO).