At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
TpT is looking for an ambitious, action-oriented Email Marketing Specialist to join the Lifecycle Marketing Function. The Email Marketing Specialist will manage incoming email requests, from the intake process, to coordinating with x-functional partners for assets, to supporting email builds with HTML + CSS, to quality assurance (QA), scheduling, & pulling results. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Lifecycle Marketing & work closely with the Email Marketing Manager to evolve email & lifecycle marketing for TpT.
Youll have exposure across the business, partnering closely with product marketing, product management, content & design, legal, research, & data teams as well as others on the Growth Team to help achieve objectives & key results (OKRs) for the business. You will need to have standout project management skills & feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing several different requests/projects at any given time. There is opportunity & growth potential for the right candidate to further support TpT as it continues to grow & evolve to better meet the needs of its customers.
- Manage the day-to-day of the intake process for email requests from x-functional stakeholders (growth marketing managers, product marketing managers, product managers, researchers, brand/content team, & others). This includes ensuring the right level of clarity & detail are available before requests are briefed-in.
- Manage the email marketing calendar across customer segments
- Project management of email implementation including coordination amongst Content, Brand Design, Data Eng, & our third-party developers to launch emails on time.
- Build segments, take ownership of the QA process to mitigate errors, & schedule emails
- Partner with Data Eng & Analytics to bring new data fields into our Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Partner with Content, Brand Design, & Stakeholders to develop new email templates & modules. Support the build of responsive email templates (HTML & CSS).
- Monitor delivery metrics & implement best practices to maintain high deliverability
- Support pulling campaign & test performance
- Keep email documentation up to date
- Support implementation of Lifecycle tests across various marketing channels as the Lifecycle function continues to mature
- Write & review email briefs as needed
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
- Project management experience juggling several requests at any given time
- A stellar communicator focused on creating transparency amongst stakeholders
- Able to identify process challenges & implement process improvements
- Technologically inclined with a working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Intellectual curiosity to learn new skills in the role (everything from brainstorming tactics, to templating languages, & how to navigate data - lots of data)
- Excited about the prospect of delivering targeted, relevant, & personalized campaigns
- Strong organizational & time-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Is inspired by our mission to empower educators
- BA/BS degree
- 2-4 years of marketing, consulting, project management, or other relevant experience
- Experience working within a CRM, ESP, or CDP platform
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Jinja or other email templating languages
- Experience in education, technology, or at an e-commerce company
Benefits & Perks
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new mothers & fathers) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for birth mothers
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.