The Quality NPI Engineer is the product quality representative working with the Design, Manufacturing, & Supplier teams on new products. This role is focused on ensuring the best product is produced to meet capacity, reliability, and design intents. This individual must have strong technical ability, problem solving skills, & communication skills to help troubleshoot, diagnosis, & solve issues during the development phases & through the start of production. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible & enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to achieve world-class product quality. This job is based in the US & requires up to 25% domestic & international travel. It requires frequent communications with Asia (early & late conference calls).
- Champion APQP principles & works to create methods & systems to improve risk mitigation strategies & product quality for Peloton NPDP.
- Champion & participate in the running & creation of DFMEA & PFMEA activities to eliminate or reduce product risk
- Consult with development teams on design, manufacturing to ensure clear design intent & measurability
- Help to develop PPAP workflow, communication, & documentation with Sourcing, Manufacturing, & other quality functions
- Review & sign-off on PPAP submissions from suppliers
- Leads 8D process for attacking & resolving critical & blocking issues facing programs
- Coordinates with other quality functions & reports out product risk during phase gates
- Lead the effective deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective & efficient development, transfer, & maintenance of products/processes throughout the product life cycle.
- Develops, improves, documents, & assists in deployment of quality system within the Peloton organization
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 8 or more years experience
- Strong written & verbal communications skills with ability to create articulate presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills & mastery of 8D
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Sigma tools (FMEAs, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Statistical Process Control) & statistical tools (Minitab, JPM, etc)
- Skilled at reading 2D part drawings & understanding GD&T
- Familiar with Solidworks or similar CAD software
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Certified CQE a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.